4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power tailgate lock install

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 08:10 PM
captchaos
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I'd update this with the changes for 2011 Rams.

The wires in the TIPM box are still tan/light blue and tan/dark blue but one is in the E connector and the other is in the F. If you can read the tiny numbers on the connectors, that's cavity #7 in E and cavity #20 in F.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:54 PM
TW_FLA

Just installed mine. This thing makes life so much easier.
Thanks for posting the tips and tricks.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:48 PM
pancura
Default 2010 ram power tailgat

I see a user posted the wiring for the 2011 ram
The wires in the TIPM box are still tan/light blue and tan/dark blue but one is in the E connector and the other is in the F. If you can read the tiny numbers on the connectors, that's cavity #7 in E and cavity #20 in F.

I presume a 2010 will be similar?

What I did not see is what these wires are for? My gate was stolen off my 2010 SLT ram (I had no power option only a key)and the replacement I got is a outdoorsman tailgate with power lock. I was hoping my harness would have the power connection unfortunately it does not. The dealer is looking for the original VIN from the outdoorsman but I have no idea what truck tis came from. So I do not understand how the lock is controlled? I suspect you put power on a pin to loc and power on a different pin to unlock. If this is true I can play with the gate to see what pin operates what function. I also would need to know what wire in TIPM box performs what function? Also is there a way to test the wires before I go and cut into them? I presume I should be able to put a test light on these wires and use my FOB to lock//unlock and get power at my test light!

At this point im guessing at how it works and having some mentoring would be great. I realize this thread is somewhat old but I spent couple hours searching through the RAM section of the forunm and this only thread I found. I may have missed some thought. Anyway any assistance at explain what these wires do would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by pancura; 12-07-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Brian Barglik
Default 2012 question

Originally Posted by captchaos

Any chance you know if the wiring is same between 2011 and 2012?

Quick Reply: Power tailgate lock install