4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mud Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009 | 06:33 PM
ockadile
|
Default Mud Flaps

Hello,

I'm looking for feedback on mud flaps for my new 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab! I have never been happy with flaps in the past and am looking for a better flap.

My dealer has some rubber flaps with the dodge logo or I've found some people have had good luck with Dura Flaps when I looked on another forum.

Does anyone have either of the two above on their truck?

Thanks!

Old 07-07-2009 | 07:32 PM
oldjeep
Champion

I've got the big Mopar rubber flaps. Work great at keeping the junk off the side of the body.

Old 07-07-2009 | 10:02 PM
Trendkill

Originally Posted by oldjeep
I've got the big Mopar rubber flaps. Work great at keeping the junk off the side of the body.
Do they do anything for keeping muck and mud splash off of your fenders? I've got a black Ram, and the fenders look pretty rough after a solid rain from all the water thrown off of the tires, and I'm thinking about putting some of these on if they prevent that.

Old 07-07-2009 | 10:12 PM
iluvbeatles

Yeah man...It's nice...

Old 07-07-2009 | 10:37 PM
72combo
Champion

My moulded ones from the dealer work very nice and dont stand out on the blackat all.

Old 07-07-2009 | 11:09 PM
Trendkill

Hmmm...perhaps I should find some pics

Old 07-08-2009 | 07:36 AM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by Trendkill
Do they do anything for keeping muck and mud splash off of your fenders? I've got a black Ram, and the fenders look pretty rough after a solid rain from all the water thrown off of the tires, and I'm thinking about putting some of these on if they prevent that.
They do a decent job

Old 07-08-2009 | 09:33 AM
topgun
Captain

I have the Mopar molded flaps. If you go with them, just be sure to put some kind of protection on the paint so that they don't rub it off and cause rusting. They will only fit on the models without wheel flares. If you have flares, then Husky makes a similar flap. They come with the stick on plastic body protector film. They also offer flaps for the regular model. I think either would look better than a flat flap but it depends on how much coverage you need. The molded ones are generally smaller in size than the flat ones.

Old 07-08-2009 | 04:03 PM
jawman

I have the Husky molded flaps! They came with the paint protection film and very easy install. They look just like the OEM molded only no Ram on them

Old 07-09-2009 | 11:29 PM
Ramrck

I put front & back OEM mud flaps on last week. Didn't feel like drilling into a month old truck, so I just used the holes that were already there. Still looked pretty good and no one could tell unless you get up close. I thought about putting some type of double sided tape to keep the the plastic from rubbing on the paint, but I think I'll just LINEX the rocker panels in a few years if they wear on the paint.

Funny though, I had mud flaps on my old F250 for 10 years and they never wore out the paint. We'll see...

Quick Reply: Mud Flaps