4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering & Suspension
Print Wikipost

New Lift Kit for the 2wd Ram!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:05 PM
BULLRAIDER
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PERFECT EXPLANATION
Cant wait to see the specs, Jram --my 99 2WD was raised along the same lines that you spoke of, and I live in S.Houston
I am raising mine but just to be level............of course that is what they all say at first..

Last edited by BULLRAIDER; 07-17-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:37 PM
jram99
Veteran

Bullraider, Her is a couple of pic of the 99 with the 3" lift. I started out with an actual suspension lift that replaced the front springs and shocks, and used 1.5" spacers and new shocks in the rear. That was a rough ride at the ranch so I ended up replacing it with 3" spindles, put the factory springs back in and put all 4 factory shocks back on. I did have to fab up some extensions for the front sway bar though to keep the brackets from hiting the new spindles.
Name:  99Dodge003.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  49.4 KB
Name:  99Dodge004.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  59.5 KB

this is why the lift worked well for me, it looked good, but also made it where the toy hauler didn't hit the dirt either.
Name:  2009Dodge004.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  83.4 KB

I haven't decided yet if I will put a lift in the 09 yet. I would like to level it out but do not want anything that changes how sweet the 09 rides. I also had 35's on the 99 for awhile then decided the milage really sucked so I put on some 18" wheels and went back to just above stock tire height. Got back about 1.5mpg with the tire height then got a programer and set it for the new size and got back almost 2.25mpg. A little loss of milage was worth the look though IMO. Jeff.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:37 AM
BULLRAIDER
Rookie

That looks great...mine is almost the same....my 09 WILL be lifted, but only a level lift.... cant decide on wheels, all i saw this weekend were .........uh..........a little too WILD for me, I like more conservative wheels, giving it the tough look instead of the bling look, yours on that 99 look great, I saw some on South Shaver in Pasedena, that had lines spinning around the inside and had skull heads on them....not for me...

Old 10-05-2009, 04:36 PM
evenodds20
Rookie

so has anyone heard anything on the price of this lift kit? i have a 09 Crew cab Sport 2WD and want to do atleast a 3" lift but dont want a body lift cuz i dont want to cut and relocate the bumpers and crap.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Brabes_Ram2004
Rookie

Originally Posted by cpelton
looks nice.. but its a 2wd...
That truck looks really goood but I agree with this guy. Its a 2WD! I never understood why people would lift a 2wd but I guess a few of these guys give a BIT of an explanation as to why you would. I guess we have a different opinion about the matter because were from Canada where you actaully NEED 4wd in the winter. Still seems redicoulous to lift a 2wd in my opionion.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:44 PM
evenodds20
Rookie

ok guys i called CST suspension earlier today and got a bit of info from them. They are offering the 4" lift kit and the 7" lift kit.
the 4" lift with the 1" rear spacer and the brake lines for the front will run you about $1200.
I didnt get a price on the 7" lift but i believe it would be about 2k, give or take $100. dont quote me on the price for the 7" lift but thats what i gather if you add the 7" front lift and 4" rear. My question is....the white truck on the first page,..is that the 7" lift with the 4" lift in the rear or is that the 4" front and 1" spacer? figured if i lifted the truck up in the front 4 inches, i should atleast raise the rear up 3" right? or is this normal?

Old 10-06-2009, 06:52 AM
BULLRAM
Veteran

"Still seems redicoulous to lift a 2wd in my opionion."
Well what is "ridiculous"........is not being open to different things,if some one has a reason to want to lift or lower there vehicle no matter what it is ,we should support it or stay OFF of the thread,
more "ridiculous people "
http://www.chaosfab.com/vance.html
http://www.walkerevansracing.com/race.teams
http://www.taylorsoffroadracing.com/homepage.htm

http://www.offroadoz.net.au/Rules/ORR/classes.php
here are a few ...lifted 4 wheelers that will probably never use the lift,is this bad also???(I PERSONALY LIKE THEM)
http://www.minitruckinweb.com/featur.../photo_08.html
http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/suspe.../photo_03.html
http://media.truckblog.com/carlisle2...fted-truck.jpg
http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/suspe.../photo_01.html

Old 10-06-2009, 01:45 PM
evenodds20
Rookie

Originally Posted by BULLRAM
"Still seems redicoulous to lift a 2wd in my opionion."
Well what is "ridiculous"........is not being open to different things,if some one has a reason to want to lift or lower there vehicle no matter what it is ,we should support it or stay OFF of the thread,
I agree completely. I love the look of Both lifted and lowered. But for me i would like a 4WD appearance package better. I wanted a 4WD but Knew that i would barely take it offroad deep in the brush. Plus, it was another 3-4 grand on the price and my wife and i were already cringing at the payments we were getting without the 4WD. Not only that, i dont have the added weight that will eat up more gas to lug around and i dont have as many parts to wear out. Less parts to service and keep up. to me, a 2wd that is raised up a few inches and a little bigger tire put on works for my need. we have flood zones here and it would benefit me to be as high as i can be within reason. Last year i saw a F150 with a 3" lift barely make it through a flash flood on base. and my wife was stranded in my VW and i had my 07 and couldnt get to here until the water lowered a little bit. so call it ridiculous but Just because it has the title of a sport, doesnt mean i have to put some 24" wheels on it and lower it to the level of a honda civic. if you wanted a truck soo low you should have bought an S-10.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:57 AM
Brabes_Ram2004
Rookie

Actually I think the thread is open to peoples opinions, I just have no use for a lifted 2wd. Sorry If this offends you.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:32 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

bullram nailed it

Quick Reply: New Lift Kit for the 2wd Ram!!