4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering & Suspension
Print Wikipost

New Lift Kit for the 2wd Ram!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:29 AM
jram99
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brabes, you have no use for a lifted 2wd and that's great for you, but I personally have no use for 4wd lifted or otherwise. I chose to make my less expensive to purchase and operate 2wd function and look as I needed it. Truth is if most people only did what was needed to make something more functional for their use, there probably wouldn't be much of an aftermarket out there. I've owned two 4wd trucks and found that I just didn't need the extra expense. If at some time in my life we no longer own the ranch, then I will more than likely lower my truck to make it easier for this old man to get in and out of. At anyrate, you have a valid point and I myself, am not offended by your opinion. Jeff.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:47 AM
BULLRAM
Veteran

You didnt offend me ,that is what is great about a forum, you get to read about all types of thinking.

Last edited by BULLRAM; 10-07-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:54 AM
evenodds20
Rookie

your right. you have an opinion. and heres mine. It seems that you are coming into other parts of the forum to start controversy. no one here is angry or upset that you have no use for a lifted 2wd. i might mention that no one cares either. we are always happy to hear about all views and aspects of a certain topic. and you have provided yours. thank you. and please move on. you keep pushing the issue as if you want us to fight back instead of discuss the introduction of this new suspension lift kit for our 2WD trucks. we didnt come in here to be badgered by a guy that has nothing better to do than sit behind a computer and force his opinion down the throats of some forum members that want to discuss some common interest. your like a bully in highschool that would walk up to a few guys at a lunch table playing chess and knock the pieces of the game off the board because you dont think the game is fun. maybe your friends think a lift on a 2wd is girly or maybe you think we are wannabe 4wd owners. so you know what, go discuss THAT topic with your other 4wd friends. we on the other hand will discuss obtaining this lift kit and making our trucks look and function for the purposes that we have set up in our lives and we will look just like a 4wd, clear elevated obstacles on the ground just like a 4wd, BUT we will get better gas milage and we will have less moving parts that are prone to break down and failure. thanks for your input and we will take your info into consideration as we are installing our kits.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:02 AM
evenodds20
Rookie

i just want to know if it is normal to only go up 1 inch in the rear when you are going 4 inches in the front? if so, i know the 7" lift comes with a 3" block for the rear.
what do yall think would be a better package?
when i think about a 3 inch lift, i think of raising the truck up as a whole 3 inches higher than it is, but holding the same stance as stock. so.... that means going up 3 in the front and 3 in the back. but i guess thats not how people do things here right? for the 4 inch lift, im going to first level the stance going up 2.5 inches, then go another 1.5" in the front. then im going to go only 1 inch in the rear. wont this give my truck a sagging feel to it? how about the 7 inch lift?
if i go 2.5" first in the front to bring it to level. then another 4.5 to finsih for a 7" lift up front, and put a 3" block in the rear, wouldnt my rear be sitting roughly 1.5" lower? please explain this since im new to this and i no im probably only doing the baisc calculations. im sure there is more to the equation right? now like i was saying b4, i consider a lift but how far you go as a total inches the whole truck goes up, so if i go 4 in the front and 1 in the rear, ive leveled it and put a 1" lift on it. do you go by how far the FRONT goes up? is that what people judge by? thanks.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:53 AM
jram99
Veteran

evenodds20, I have installed 2 2wd lift kits, but both were on my 99 QC. The first kit included new front springs & shocks, and 1.5" blocks & shocks for the rear. The kit was easy to install really didn't require re-alignment even though I had it done anyway. The truck looked awesome and performed exactly the way I was looking for except for one thing. The ride quality wasn't as good as stock. The ride didn't seem to bad in the city or highway, but when I hit that 12 miles of dirt road at the ranch it was a back breaker. I was really disapointed with it on the dirt/rocks.
I ended up purchasing lifting spindles which allowed me to re-install my factory shocks and springs in the front. I left the 1.5" blocks in the rear but also put the factory shocks back on as it seems a lot of the rough ride in the rear was from the aftermarket shocks that came with the kit. The use of spindles dictated that I needed larger wheels. The factory 16's would not work since the lifted spindle basically relocates the center of the spindle down. I went to 18's and have no problems so on a truck with 20's there shouldn't be any problems period. I probably won't lift this truck, really just want to level it out but I love the way this truck rides and will really have to do my research so that the ride doesn't change with what ever I end up doing.

PS-I gave the spring lift to my son's friend for his graduation and he loved it. Of course he had a huge heavy duty bumper/grill installed so the extra weight helped a lot with the ride.

Jeff

Old 10-10-2009, 10:24 AM
evenodds20
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. i think im going to check with dodge to see whats the max i can lift it without voiding my lifetime wrap. the guy said something about a 4" lift when he was selling it to me but i want to be sure i do everything right. i guess we will see.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Ok, so the 7" lift for the '09 is listed on their site. It's $1509.80 for the Hemi. Plus another 211.90 for the rear performance shocks they claim you need. I'm seriously thinking about getting this.... Anyone on here have it? Would love to see some real life pictures and feedback on ride change.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:13 PM
BULLRAM
Veteran

Sobo,WE THINK EXACTLY ALIKE) I am in the process of what you are doing, and have researched this since my truck was new last year, here is what is going on,
Our trucks need 2.5 inches to be PERFECTLY LEVEL, not real close or a little off, but on a crew cab with a HEMI this is what it takes,
In saying that ,the ride is horrible, I have them on there now and I am taking them off, they are for sale ,by the way.........the shocks are put into a position where the rebound properties are such that they cant overcome the shock of the hole or divit or bump, so the shock and tight spring combo make it BOUNCE real bad, if that doesnt bother you then it would be fine, I just cant give up my ride,
the most I would go on a spacer is 2.0 inches, which all of these spacers are available,
the 2.0 will put it 1/2 inch down in the front, to some it is not noticible,but then again ,some thought mine at 1.5 was level, but it was not, the 2.0's will give you a good ride without the bounce,

The Performance body lift and spacer kit is not bad, but I e-mailed them telling them there front spacer was too small, they thought I was crazy, and now 2.0" comes standard with the kit.not a bad kit, but you can still see the frame from the side sticking down a little, but the spare tire will stick down.
the spindles from the 08 Dodge Ram 1500 wil fit, 3", from air bag it, or the 4 inch spidles by CST, the 4 inch are kinda expensive, but no change in your ride at all

The rear is the same as the 4wd, you can buy the rear kit from the Super lift ,or skyjacker, but that is only if you plan on going at leat 3 or 4 inches of lift in the back.
CST has a kit and you can buy just the rear or the whole thing, it gives you a drop bracket for the trailing arm that is needed, since the arm is put in a bind, I wanted to go with the Super lift since it comes with ALL the drop brackets, but that dude is expensive
I am currently putting on 4 inch CST spindles on the front, and didnt want to give up any of my lift to level it, if you get my meaning I am also putting links for you to see ,you might have seen some or all,lots of choices
As for the 7 inch kit,and the picture on the website, read it about the part where the picture is of a 2wd that has a 2.0 inch spacer in it and the 3 inch is optional, then it states it will be tight, (THEY ARE RIGHT)

The rear kit for the 09 is not really 4 inches, they told me the spacers are 3 inch
let me see if I can confuse myself
You have to level it first,different ways to do this...
the truck needs 2.5 to be level, if you put on the 4 inch spindles you lose that from the spindle lift making the total now 1.5 inches
then the 2.0 inch spacers lift it up to 3.5 so the rear kit would be lower since it is only 3 inch spacers
so if you put the 1.5 inch spacer, with the 4 inch spindles ot would level it and lift it 3 more inches
just right for the rear kit from CST, and we cant put blocks that is for the leaf springs and ours is a coil set up, that would be ,real easy if it was for the rear

Also on there site they list Bilistien shocks for the front and rear, even bilistien themselves told me they dont have them for our trucks,so dont even think about them right now those ads can be misleading.
You will need longer shocks on the rear if you raise it up 3 or more inches, the shocks will be at the end of there travel,you can find really any shock for the rear with 3 inches of extra lengthfor about 40 dollars a piece, even Performance lift has them.
sorry this was so long
http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/CSK-D23-8.html
http://www.performanceaccessories.co...0203%20NPA.pdf
http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/PLCDGU2.html
http://www.truxxx.com/pdf/604082.pdf
http://www.daystarweb.com/productlis...t=Comfort+Ride
http://www.cstsuspension.com/news/27/

Old 12-09-2010, 12:12 AM
bjmillic520
Default For all Lifted 2WD Haters...

I used to be the same way, until...

Back when I bought this truck new, I wanted a 4WD, but didn't wait to order, and couldn't find a 4WD with this color and options around the area, so I bought a 2WD. I wanted to have a lifted 4WD so bad, but would lose my A$$ attempting to trade, so I said "screw it". I set out to build a truck that no one knew was a 2WD without asking and that was up to my standards. I have seen better examples of a lifted 2WD Dodge Ram 1500 but mine is up there with some of the better ones. You guys who have no use for lifted 2WDs, take a look at this one and tell me if you saw it going down the road, you wouldn't see it and say damn, that looks good. And, if you never saw it again, you would never know it wasn't a 4WD...the following is a description of the truck with accessories...

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Laramie 2WD
5.7L HEMI
Automatic Transmission

Extras:
6" FabTech Suspension Lift
3" Performance Accessories Body Lift
Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks
20"x10" Gear Alloy Wheels
37"x12.5"/20" Nitto Trail Grappler M/Ts
Bushwacker Pocket Flares (painted to match)
Fiberglass Tonneau Cover (painted to match)
Westin Bull Bar
Dodge Stainless Step Bars
AIRAID Intake
HyperTech Programmer
MagnaFlow Exhaust (Headers and H-Pipe)
Throttle Body Spacer
Kenwood Excelon DVD/CD/MP3 with LCD Monitor
Kenwood 1000Watt Amp
(2) Kenwood Excelon 10" Subs in PROBOX under Seat

Attached Thumbnails New Lift Kit for the 2wd Ram!!-part_1290491625282.jpg   New Lift Kit for the 2wd Ram!!-part_1290491624383.jpg   New Lift Kit for the 2wd Ram!!-part_1290491616967.jpg  
Old 12-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Shreve T
Amateur

Originally Posted by SoCal1
It will be a 7" lift in the front and 4" in the rear. The wheels on the truck are 18s. Price on the kit hasn't been released yet.
Where did you get your short Antenna ???

Quick Reply: New Lift Kit for the 2wd Ram!!