4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DiabloSport is looking for Local testers for Predator Programmer

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 11:34 PM
jdustu
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
Be careful. I have yet to confirm this but I hear Dodge can tell if the PCM has been modified, even if you put it back. If I can ever confirm or deny this I will let you know.
I read on one of the forums that when Hypertech was doing the testing, a "hidden code" would form. You could find it and clear it, but it wouldn't automatically clear with the other codes. I'm pretty interested in this as well.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:45 AM
sking
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
Be careful. I have yet to confirm this but I hear Dodge can tell if the PCM has been modified, even if you put it back. If I can ever confirm or deny this I will let you know.
You bet they can see it! They can see how long and what HP the truck has ran out of stock settings as well. They can see any and everything that has to do with the performance of the truck. There is a ECM data log that is stored at all times in the computer that cant be cleared or erased by anything other than starscan. The only good thing is that not all techs no how to use the advanced features of starscan.

Quick Reply: DiabloSport is looking for Local testers for Predator Programmer