4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stuck in 4th gear

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 08:54 PM
minnesotanice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no, second owner,would not have been covered anyway cause a inspection wasn't done by a certain mileage.hope there is a recall on the tipm,so I can get some of it back.not a happy dodge owner right now

Old 08-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Atticus

If you look back at Posts 48 & 49 on this thread you'll see where this happened to me in July of 2012.

It happened to me again this morning. Stuck in 4th gear and I pulled over, tried to re-fire without any success, the transmission idiot light came on the dash. I bailed out and called AAA. It's at the dealership right now.

Will keep you posted.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Atticus

Well after another four business days at the dealership they replaced the valve body in the transmission.

While it was in the shop I also had them R&R multiple broken exhaust manifold bolts to kill the rattling under the hood.

Only about 30 days of warranty left so hopefully this goes smoothly from here on out.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:04 PM
KDubya
Amateur

For what its worth, My 09 has thrown the P0734 (Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio) code several times, almost always while towing my camper (5-6K lbs).
The last time it threw this code it locked into 4th while I was towing. The code cleared and the transmission 'unlocked' after being parked at the campsite for a couple of days.
On the way home without the camper - no load at all, I got the code and it locked into 4th again.
Brought it to my transmission guy who replaced burnt clutch plates and put in a stage 2 shift kit. He also recommended increasing the line pressure and I'm looking into whether and how to do that.
Am towing the camper again tomorrow with the newly repaired transmission so fingers crossed that all goes well.

KDubya

Old 10-19-2016, 01:12 AM
Dodgergirl27
Default 2013 ram with same problem 131000km

This just happened to me tonight. I started my truck and couldn't put it in drive...and same thing...number 4 is showing. I did try shutting truck off and restarting....didnt work. My engine light is on now as well.
Would be awesome to know why? Reading through this thread it sounds like it is the PCM? I really don't have the money right now to play the trial and error game. Single mom trying to save first and last to get out of a mould invested house of 3yrs...grrrr...lol Any help to fix my baby that I have only had for 7mths would be awesome.
thank you

Quick Reply: Stuck in 4th gear