4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram vs Mustang GT...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009 | 11:40 AM
socaliallstar82
Professional

cool, maybe we could head out to the track some time and see. Is he a RCSB? I want it to be fair. Ill still race, its all in fun, but I'd like a more apples to apples, you know?

Old 08-11-2009 | 11:56 AM
jdustu
Veteran

Originally Posted by socaliallstar82
cool, maybe we could head out to the track some time and see. Is he a RCSB? I want it to be fair. Ill still race, its all in fun, but I'd like a more apples to apples, you know?
Yeah, you can't get the R/Ts in anything other than rcsb.

Old 08-11-2009 | 12:03 PM
jason2922
Veteran

Originally Posted by RamPhreak

Not trying to crap on your thread...but....I doubt very much that the GT was actually racing you. As much as I absolutely HATE mustangs I will be the first to admit that your big A@@ truck did not whomp on it if the other driver had a perfectly running car and was ACTUALLY racing you. Especially since you said you only hit 90 at your top, a racing mustang would have been well over 100 if room permitted. It hits that in the quarter mile alone....so unless you raced less than an 1/8 mile and you started and finished well before him...unlikely win.

I know this for a fact because of my experiences in my SRT-4 against GT's. The only ones I ever lost too were Cobra's and that was very rare! As I upgraded my turbo even the Cobra couldnt match my car. When my car was stock it still beat mustangs but it was a slower pull away (walked them) so they get up and go too. That being said, I would laugh at anyone who thinks this Ram (Of which I own one similar to yours according to your pic) could even keep up with an SRT-4, yet alone a GT. This truck is FARRRRR from anywhere near fast.

That being said, I am glad you and your wife had some fun that seems to have brought back the good ole days.....just keep it off the streets please. Thats for your safety as well as your passengers and those around you. It is not worth a ticket or a life.
My buddy just bought a new 08 Lancer Evo MR off the showroom floor, we took it out and got side by side and gave it a go. We stayed side by side up to 100 mph before we decided to give. I wouldn't under estimate these trucks, he also did say it was a late model GT as well... My truck is a 09 5.7 Hemi Quad Cab 4X2.

Old 08-11-2009 | 06:45 PM
1954Radio
Captain
Talking

Originally Posted by v8440
Bounty hunter ran a magic tune nobody else can get, flashed by someone he won't name, using timing equipment that does not print results. Come to your own conclusions.

Edit: He may have finally posted who supposedly did his tune, and it may even be true. Regardless, a properly equipped stone stock rcsb hemi 2wd should be capable of barely cracking the 13's at a low altitude track on a good day with a good driver. I missed it by .008 seconds when I ran a 14.007 one day before it got too hot.
(nice et by the way) Hehe, I'm telling you that he did a B&G Chrysler reflash, he posted it in the forums. I talked to B&G about getting mine done but 600+ was sounding pretty steep for my budget, but you take yours out and send it to them. I also talked to Bouchillon Performance Engineering for around an hour about this and they confirmed the same thing. You should should give them a call, it would give you some extra needed faith about our Rams. And by the way, he is running a Ram with a Gen 111 426/600+hp and stock tranny to confirm the quality and strenght of our 09 trannys.

Old 08-11-2009 | 08:04 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by RamPhreak
Nice one...."But first go consult with your SRT group". If you really want to bash a group of people find an SRT, anyyyy of them, and race it at the track and find out more about your (and my) truck. Maybe you will win a true race....????

As far as the Tundra.....what does "I smoked" a tundra really mean. Was that like a half a truck length...or like a football field? Really...be honest. I do know the TUNDRA is faster 0-60 but thats not a race. The Hemi does have a better top end so it would not surprise me. So when did you realize he was racing...when he rolled down his window and told you? And so he was obviously racing cuz he took off fast????

These are NOT race scenarios to be walking around saying who got waxed. A RACE is staged and an equal shot. Anyway...im done with this thread. The point is that until someone starts posting some videos at a track or other venue then the stories are just that.....
Olkay I know the SRT's are fast even the neon's but I am assuming I smoked hiim because our windows were open he squealed a bit and was basically across the intersection and I could hear his engine so I hammered it took about half a block to catch up he was still on the gas, I went by I saw 90plus mph on my speed in a 50km(30mph)zone and he has still on the gas hard when I passed him just seconds before so to me that is smoked. It's a street race who knows when these pop up, who knows if this guy just wants to see what HEMI will do lots people think there is gonna be tires a smokin and you disappear down the road. But I am talking stock vehicle without power adders....by that I mean tuners and things like turbos, I don't consider KN filters or things like that actual power adders. Anyway just one question, were you there by any chance to witness any of these street races? Was that you in the Tundra, if so then you tell your side.

Old 08-11-2009 | 08:09 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by 1954Radio
(nice et by the way) Hehe, I'm telling you that he did a B&G Chrysler reflash, he posted it in the forums. I talked to B&G about getting mine done but 600+ was sounding pretty steep for my budget, but you take yours out and send it to them. I also talked to Bouchillon Performance Engineering for around an hour about this and they confirmed the same thing. You should should give them a call, it would give you some extra needed faith about our Rams. And by the way, he is running a Ram with a Gen 111 426/600+hp and stock tranny to confirm the quality and strenght of our 09 trannys.
Didn't our first R/T owner actually have a 4x4 I thought Bounty Hunter had a 4x4, I could be mistaken.

Old 08-12-2009 | 05:28 AM
1954Radio
Captain

Originally Posted by 72combo
Didn't our first R/T owner actually have a 4x4 I thought Bounty Hunter had a 4x4, I could be mistaken.
I beleive it is a Quadcab Daytona, and just in case my post is missunderstood, Bouchillon has the 426/600hp Ram.

Old 08-13-2009 | 01:34 AM
1954Radio
Captain

How bout smoking not one but two, an 05 and a 50k tricked out 09 Nisan. just tonight right in front of my ole lady and her whole family. Yeah, all of a sudden they are into modding not racing, yeah right, like I said in another post, Nissan you suck. first race ever with one, and I can say you are garbage period!

Old 06-22-2010 | 04:02 AM
jemcleod

Well if the guy driving the GT couldn't beat you he obviously can't drive and shouldn't own a GT. I just schooled a 4th Gen Dodge Hemi Truck in my 2010 Nissan Altima 3.5SR which has less horsepower than the GT's (270 HP, 258 ft-lbs) (assuming it is a 5th gen Mustang GT).

Old 06-22-2010 | 12:42 PM
USAF1
Professional

I also have a Mustang GT 08 (300 hp, 335 tq, 5 sp stick, 3:55, 3350 lbs) and I think it would be close but I think the stang would win. I now have 1300 miles on the truck and really got on it (for the first time) from about a rolling 30 yesterday and was amazed at the acceleration given its 5300 lbs. (over the years I've had 3 Vettes, 2 Porsches, 66 GTO, 56 T-Bird (with hipo 289, dual quads, etc), FFR Cobra, Bimmers, MBs, etc.)

Quick Reply: Ram vs Mustang GT...