4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ordering a 2010 Sport tomorrow, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 08:30 PM
ran jr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc Fluty
rear cooled seats helped on my trip...
Are the rear seats cooled on the Laramie? I thought they were heated only. The sport model only has the heat/cool on the front seats.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:40 PM
ArcticWolf
Professional

Originally Posted by ran jr
Are the rear seats cooled on the Laramie? I thought they were heated only. The sport model only has the heat/cool on the front seats.
Thats only on the Crew Cab version.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:43 PM
ran jr
Veteran

Originally Posted by ArcticWolf
Thats only on the Crew Cab version.
Ok, my crew cab has neither in the rear not that it matters with three car seats.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:21 PM
72combo
Champion

FYI the Nav system comes with Bluetooth or U-connect standard or it did in 09. Get the Alpine 9 speaker system and upgrade the speakers.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Frouburg
Professional

Wow, thank you for everyones' responses... I didn't think I would get nearly as much insight in only a few short hours while the wife & I went out for dinner!

I definitely think I will cancel the steps and just put on a pair myself... especially since it will save me ~$600.

Can anyone clarify if the Crew Cab has the heated/cooled rear seats too on the sport model or is it only on the Larime? I think I'm pretty set on the quad quad, only b/c of the larger bed option. I do plan on hauling a lot of stuff around, and usually it is only the wife and I running around, so I think the extra bed space is worth more to me than the extra backseat cab room... Although, I am a little bummed that I will have to give up the back seat floor coolers, I thought that was a pretty cool feature!

I think I'm going to stick with the sunroof, only b/c I am coming from an Acura TSX and find myself opening the sunroof while cruising down the highway, and although I know I am in need of a full size truck, I don't think I can give up that ammenity yet.

Other than that, I really appreciate everyones' input! I think getting rid of the steps are a good idea. I bet I can probably pick up a pair on craigslist or on here if I do end up opting for the OEM style... even though I am really liking some of the aftermarket ones I have seen on some of your rides!

Thanks again, and I'll check in again before I leave for any last minute suggestions... Oh and btw, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be around $32-34K, out the door after all of the rebates. These figures were based on June pricing, so we'll see. Hopefully the price has gone down since then!

Definitley getting the Navigation/sport package with the 10 speaker alpine system and uconnect phone system.

I thought about the adjustable pedals, especially b/c I'm 6'4", 240, and am always looking for more room. Can anyone attest to the adjustable pedals giving a tall guy more leg room? I was driving one around w/out the adjustable pedals and found it adequate, but I'm always looking for more room.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

my fault.. i meant to say the back seats were heated (they are not cooled)... it helped on the trip when i had the a/c on pretty cold up front my wife curled up in back with a blanket and the warmer..

also i don't know if the a/c outlet is standard either.. thats really cool... like i said be4.. i have a laramie so im not sure what other models dont come with.. like dual glove boxes

but yeah i have the adjustable pedals and its goes from real close pretty far back.. id say at least 10 inches of travel... im 5'11 and my wife is 5'3" and she loves that she can pull the pedals up and keep the seat back off the wheel... id say go to the dealer and sit in a model that does and a model that doesn't have them to see if you like it... i think if your that tall you would

Old 08-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Frouburg
Professional

1 more thing... about the bedliner, I saw ArticWolf say something about the compatibility of a tonneau cover with the factory bedliner. Does anyone know if the backflip cover is compatible with a factory bedliner? I haven't finalized my choice for the cover yet, but I really like the idea of the ability to flip it back and use it as a bench for tailgating.

The thing I like about the factory liner is the impact protection and the ability to slide things in and out, rather than most spray ins being non-skid and (from what I've read) being at risk to denting if you throw stuff in the bed.

Thanks again for the insight since I'm new to the truck world!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:34 PM
topgun
Captain

Defintely get the Sport Premium Group which has the speaker upgrade. You also may want the Remote and Security option which has the remote start and an alarm. They are also supposed to make available the Mopar hood so you could check on the price of that. As for a sunroof, if you want it, get it. The aftermarket ones are the kind that hurt resale. Got the roof on my last 2 Rams and love it.

If you really want the Mopar steps, get them. They are factory installed, not dealer. So no install charge. I personaly don't like the look though.

On pricing, I doubt you will be in the price you listed as there aren't any rebates on the 2010.

Last edited by topgun; 08-07-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

it is.. i had my backflip on with the plastic liner before i put in my bedrug

Old 08-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Frouburg
Professional

BTW, i love your Black Larime... how did you get it all black though? I thought the Larime only came in the Grandpa-looking two-tone color choices?

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2010 Sport tomorrow, any suggestions?