4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ordering a 2010 Sport tomorrow, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Frouburg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering a 2010 Sport tomorrow, any suggestions?

I'm ordering a 2010 Ram Sport tomorrow and am looking for some guidance... this is my first truck, so I'm not really sure what is a good idea (and worth spending the money) and what is not. Here it goes...

2010 Dogdge Ram Sport - Quad Cab
- Leather Seats
- Navigation package
- Rear backup camera
- Sunroof
- 32 gallon tank
- 3:92 gears
- Class IV hitch
- Chrome side steps
- Remote Start
- Bed Liner

Other than that, I'm going Brillian Black and plan on blacking out the windows to match.

Got an appt to sit down and put the order in tomorrow at 10am, so any suggestions on what to add or what to not pay for is much appreciated!

Old 08-07-2009, 05:19 PM
ousig2408
Rookie

wow you got just about everything I want but not the crew cab - let me know what you end up paying if you don't mind...don't know about the sunroof, if you are looking to save $ I would start there

Old 08-07-2009, 05:30 PM
ArcticWolf
Professional
Default Option

Are you getting the factory bed liner? I put in a professional sprayed in bed liner, its a little more money but it has better advantages. It looks alot better, traction is better, doesn't affect Tonneau cover application.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:33 PM
jimf5
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to go black truck with black window tints why go with chrome steps ? I have an 09 Detonator yellow with chrome delete handles and black steps. I am only waiting for a few extra bucks to get my black wheels. Some folks just need a theme for fixing up their ride. Just my 2 cents.

Jim

Old 08-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Ironsides
Professional

If you want to save yourself some cash, pass on the chrome side steps. The dealer charges about $600 for the steps, and another $300 for the labor to install them. You can get the same mopar steps for around $450, or similar DeeZee steps for around $350, and install them yourself in about 2 hours.

Also, I find the Bluetooth (UConnect Phone) to be extremely useful.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:16 PM
kddsRam
Veteran

Originally Posted by ArcticWolf
Are you getting the factory bed liner? I put in a professional sprayed in bed liner, its a little more money but it has better advantages. It looks alot better, traction is better, doesn't affect Tonneau cover application.
I have the factory bed liner and it does not affect the Extang Revolution tonneau cover at all. Also, spray in liners are nice but some need the impact protection a bedliner gives you.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:24 PM
ran jr
Veteran

I'd also get the Sport Premium Group which includes the Alpine stereo upgrade and Auto temperature controls. I'd lose the chrome steps and sunroof. I'd then get the Crew instead of the Quad.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Dr. Bill
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't buy that sun roof unless you REALLY want it. They can be a problem especially after an accident. Many people don't want it and that will hurt your resale. The leather does not hold up as well as cloth. The 3.92 gear is go with 20s and is LSD. You will love the 32 gallon tank. I have the remote start and would have never ordered it, but it was on the truck. Now, I would really miss it if I didn't have it.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:58 PM
savage_46
Professional

i dont really use my sunroof that often, but it is very nice to have. put on vent & open rear window does a pretty good job of cooling the inside. or open it up when you dont really want side windows down. also the cooled seats are a huge convenience and work really well. i know some dont like it, but i love my 10 speaker alpine too.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

get your back up sensors.. i like my adustable pedals...

ummm.... im trying to think of whats standand and whats optional on my truck....

i dont like my sliding rear window...

rear cooled seats helped on my trip...

3.92s... remote start.... hmm i dunno

skip the fancy radio... it sucks.. in fact ill sell you my alpine sub i took out when i put in my dual 10s... how bout $100? better than $2000 from the dealer lol

Last edited by Doc Fluty; 08-07-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2010 Sport tomorrow, any suggestions?