4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ordering a 2010 Sport tomorrow, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Frouburg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is interesting about the price... the only reason I was ordering one is b/c the dealer told me that he couldn't do any better on the price if I took an 09 one from him compared to if I just waited and ordered the 2010... I guess tomorrow will tell the real story though when it's time for everyone to belly up to the bar and put all of the talk in writing!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

i was trying to get a challenger for almost 2 weeks... after the dealer couldnt get an orange one shipped in i just told him to go outside and get me a loaded black ram... 1 hour later i drove off with the truck.. i got stuff i wanted/didnt want/never knew i wanted.... the only things i wish i would have done different is not get the alpine system, get a sun roof and get the solid back window.. other than that i love my truck

Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 PM
topgun
Captain

Are you seeing any 09's on the lots? Around here, they are all gone or picked over.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Frouburg
Professional

Ditto... there were about 30-35 on the lot about a month ago, and when I drove by tonight, I'd say there are only about 7-8 left. Most are SLT's and kinda stipped down.

Too bad too... pretty much exactly what I wanted was there, but it sold two days ago. Only thing it didn't have was the NAV, but it did have the 30gig sound system.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda as they say. Hopefully the dealer wasn't pulling my leg when he told me he could do the 2010 at the 2009 prices.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:43 PM
War Horse
All Star

Originally Posted by Frouburg
BTW, i love your Black Larime... how did you get it all black though? I thought the Larime only came in the Grandpa-looking two-tone color choices?
The Larmies came standard with the two-tone paint. You can get an option on them though for monotone paint (solid color), but finding them was a pain in the ****. I visited 6 dealerships, and out of those only one had the monotone colors, or even knew monotone was an option on the Laramie. I originally wanted a monotone red Laramie, but the one dealer didn't have a truck optioned the way I wanted. And at the time no one was looking at other dealers for trucks or ordering anything. So, I ended up in a silver Sport that has all the options I wanted but one, the 3.92 gears.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:15 AM
War Horse
All Star

Ooo, just thought of another option. If someone else will be driving the truck regularly, the memory seats would be nice. That way after someone borrows it, you don't jump in and your knees are all up in the steering wheel. I'm not sure, but I think the memory option comes with the power adjust pedals.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:49 AM
ran jr
Veteran

Originally Posted by War Horse
I'm not sure, but I think the memory option comes with the power adjust pedals.
Only in the Laramie. My Sport has the adjustable pedals but no memory seats.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:03 AM
plumcrazy73
Captain

well if you have the bench seat (even the base line bench seat) there are rear ac/heater vents in the middle of them that put air or heat to the back seat.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:19 AM
topgun
Captain

Isn't the rear heat ony on the Crew Cabs?

Old 08-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Hotrodmike71

Originally Posted by Frouburg
I thought about the adjustable pedals, especially b/c I'm 6'4", 240, and am always looking for more room. Can anyone attest to the adjustable pedals giving a tall guy more leg room? I was driving one around w/out the adjustable pedals and found it adequate, but I'm always looking for more room.
Hey, good luck on the new purchase. Sounds like your ordering a heck of a truck. You're gonna love it!!

I've got an '09 Laramie with adjustable pedals and there is plenty of room!! I'm 6'4", 230 and I don't have the seat back all the way and I'm pretty comfortable.

The wait for the build is gonna kill ya!! Let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2010 Sport tomorrow, any suggestions?