4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water Dripping Inside Of Laramie From Passenger Handle

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:19 AM
tbagr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Monsoon
Thanks for the info. A question - once you get the adapter and cable will a menu tab come up on the touch screen?

I do have the Nav with RER.

Thanks again!

Yes, you will have a tab show up on the second page. I have heard that the iPod plugged in will alway stay on, charging when the vehicle is running and will drain the battery on the iPod when not running. I haven't confirmed this cause I have another iPod just for my Ram. Also, there is a huge difference in the volume when using the iPod vs. let's say radio, much louder on 20 using iPod. Let me know if you need anything else.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:27 PM
finc.jb
Professional

Originally Posted by tbagr
Took my 09 Laramie in today to have a water leak looked at. When it rains water comes in through the passenger side handle by the windshield. There is an oval screw cover where it is dripping from. Has anyone had this happen to them? They have it apart as I type and can't seem to figure out how it is getting there.......go figure!!! One thing they do know is it is coming from the sunroof drain. I will post outcome just in case others experience the same.

FYI, it amazes me that all of us on the forums know WAY more than ANY service / parts department!! I went around and around with my local dealer on the iPod cable for my truck. They went through three cables and tearing my dash apart every time until they finally accepted the fact that I was right.

Thanks to all for your help and information!
I had that happen to me and all I did was blow the lines out with some compressed air. I did it at the sun roof as the tube comes out at the rubber grommet(for lack of a better term) in the door jam passenger side and is kinda hard to get at.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:15 AM
jimfed67
Amateur
Default Gaskets

After my bozo service center tried 4x to fix the VERY SAME PROBLEM, it was discovered that the Gaskets arounf my clearance lights were defective..... Replaced with a thicker set..... Haven't had a problem in 3 years!!!!

Old 07-21-2010, 05:09 PM
OLLIE77

Help....

I hate to harp on an obvious dead "horse" (Oh shat handle leak), but my "horse" is still kicking...I apologize if this is long winded but I want to be detailed to help you help me.

My problem seems to be the same as many folks on the few Dodge forums I have visited. I noticed water dripping from my "oh shat" handle and a moisture spot above the molding. I immediately took it in to get fixed. First visit took 2 hours and I was told by the Service Department that the drainage tube was clogged, they unclogged it, they ran it through the car wash, and everything is great, no leak. Well a week later it rains during the night. I get up to go to work and guess what....it leaked again...but worse this time. The wet spot above the "oh shat" handle was bigger and there was significant drips coming from the handle.

I immediately called the Service Department again and scheduled another appointment with the Dodge brain trust to look at it again. I even printed this post and another post all documenting the leak problem. Service department lacky stated, "Well I wouldn't believe what you see on the internet. They can post anything on there. They don't know what they're talking about." Obviously not alot of oxygen makes it to this guys grey matter in his head.

Well after 2 hours...AGAIN...they can't find a leak or get it to leak. Well, I went home and followed the advice of another thread on another forum and poured water into my sunroof drain hole on the passenger side to get a hands on view....guess what...if f**kin" leaked just like it did before!!!! I called Service Department lacky back and he said those drain tubes are only capable of taking a little amount of water and they back up into the body an whoever said to pour water in the drain tube didn't know what they are talking about. Which I think is B.S. It drained fine but still produced water on the inside. I was very dileberate and careful when I poured the water into the drain hole. He said to try it with everything close and if it did it again to bring it back. Fortunately and unfortunately, I couldn't produce the leak with everything shut.

My question is...Is maybe my sunroof inconsistant when it closes and seals and that's why it leaks sometimes but not for the lackies? Should I try a different dealership service department? I just don't want this to be a problem anymore. The Service Department lacky said he checked the hoses for installation and crimps, the third brake light, and blew out the drain hoses and checked it with a power washer, a hose on the sunroof, and the dealership car wash, no leak.

I hope it doesn't leak tonight (suppose to boom I guess). I'll update my "progress" as I go. Wish me luck....I love this truck. I just hate it to be tarnished by a problem that seems to be a simple fix.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:48 PM
jimfed67
Amateur

The tube should be continuous from the sun roof to an exit point somwhere below the chasis.... In the end, the service guys are there to answer your questions..... Explain to these morons that the car leaks on the inside and under NO circumstances should that happen! The weather seal is compromised somewhere and you what them to fix it or admit they don't know how..... The I would file an online complaint against them.... Perhaps the service manager will be motivated to hire someone with trouble shooting skills and a commitment to and pride in their job..... Absolutely do not take NO for an answer.... There is a problem with your truck and a solution, you just need to find a competent shop to fix it!

Quick Reply: Water Dripping Inside Of Laramie From Passenger Handle