4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally Got My Challenger Hood On

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:55 PM
bohrman44
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats so sweet!!!! I have the Challenger shifter, guess i need the hood now!!!

Old 03-05-2010, 01:00 PM
2009reghemi

Sobomaster: that hood really looks great!!

Question- How do you like the sound of the exhaust with the resonator removed? Do you still the OEM muffler on the truck

Old 03-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Thanks. Yes, still have stock muffler and I think the sound is perfect. It's a little louder than stock, but not as loud as a Magnaflow or Flowmaster. So, imo, you still get a nice deep rumble, but no drone and it won't wake anyone up as I drive down the street in the morning.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:24 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
I finally got my Challenger-style hood on. Man this has been a journey. I ordered this thing back in June. Took awhile to come in, then took awhile to schedule a pickup (I ordered it from Berry Dodge in Corsicana, TX and they offered to meet me in Waco). Then it took even longer to get into the shop (was mostly getting hail damage fixed and there was a long wait). Then the shop didn't start on the hood for another week (makes no sense, thanks Maxwell Collision Center). Then when the shop finally unboxed it, and it turns out there was quite a bit of damage to the hood. There were dings, bends, folds, and all sorts of stuff. Maxwell tried to blame it on Berry Dodge, Berry Dodge didn't want to take responsibility and then they both tried to blame it on me. I simply took the hood in the box it was in, gently laid it in the back of the truck, and drove it to the shop. It's not physically possible for that to have caused the damage that was caused to the hood, so someone was 'effing with me, but I don't know who.

Anyways, here are some pictures of the hood, finally repaired:

Maxwell Collision and Berry Dodge couldn't come to any sort of agreement and Maxwell finally agreed to fix the hood. (See pictures above) However at first they agreed to fix it for free, now they're trying to charge me for it. We'll see how all of this ends, but I've had a lot of problems with Maxwell Collision:

The hail repairs that were supposed to take 3 days took 16 days without my truck, and 3 separate trips to the shop, plus lots of unreturned phone calls and mistakes along the way.

Anyways, at least the hood is on and it looks good:

I bought a SRT hood for my 04, ended up having some scuffs on the primer, of course b/c I didn't open it at the dealer they werent going to take responsibility, but I did get for 500, had to pay an additional 100 for the hood to be reworked, total price was 600 out the door, but worth it. Don't know if I'm gonna do it again, may wait to see if they make a functional kit for it with Stainless inserts.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

If you're talking a ram air intake, I don't think that's going to happen. I've heard you can use the functional scoops from a Challenger? Thinking of picking up a set and giving those a try, but all that will do is help cool the engine bay....

Old 03-22-2010, 02:37 AM
NH HemiRamFan
Rookie

I feel your pain Sobo, ive delt with crap like this before from shops. Im sure it was frustrating but the end result looks awesome!

Old 03-22-2010, 08:55 AM
72combo
Champion

The more I look at your truck with the Challenger hood I think you need to go Sport all the way and get rid of the Chrome. Just Chrome wheels thats it, get the sport bumper, grille,door handles all of it color matched. Would set the hood off nicely. But your truck JMHO

Old 03-22-2010, 09:07 AM
zuiquan1
Professional

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
If you're talking a ram air intake, I don't think that's going to happen. I've heard you can use the functional scoops from a Challenger? Thinking of picking up a set and giving those a try, but all that will do is help cool the engine bay....
Vararam is making a ram air style filter for our trucks taking advantage of the upward facing air intake, here are some shots from another member on another forum of the 1st prototype-

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...n/IMAG0038.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...n/IMAG0037.jpg

This is the perfect setup for getting a functional challenger hood.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by zuiquan1
Vararam is making a ram air style filter for our trucks taking advantage of the upward facing air intake, here are some shots from another member on another forum of the 1st prototype-

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...n/IMAG0038.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...n/IMAG0037.jpg

This is the perfect setup for getting a functional challenger hood.
That might work for a different hood with a single, centered inlet, but it won't work with the Challenger style hoods.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:27 PM
010 Sport

Originally Posted by 72combo
The more I look at your truck with the Challenger hood I think you need to go Sport all the way and get rid of the Chrome. Just Chrome wheels thats it, get the sport bumper, grille,door handles all of it color matched. Would set the hood off nicely. But your truck JMHO
Damn that looks good in black!! My truck already had the hood on it and was loaded out slightly more that the laramies they had, but had I been ordering.....black it woulda been! BIG thumbs up on the hood!!! BIG thumbs down on the troubles you had.....

Quick Reply: Finally Got My Challenger Hood On