4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally Got My Challenger Hood On

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Got My Challenger Hood On

I finally got my Challenger-style hood on. Man this has been a journey. I ordered this thing back in June. Took awhile to come in, then took awhile to schedule a pickup (I ordered it from Berry Dodge in Corsicana, TX and they offered to meet me in Waco). Then it took even longer to get into the shop (was mostly getting hail damage fixed and there was a long wait). Then the shop didn't start on the hood for another week (makes no sense, thanks Maxwell Collision Center). Then when the shop finally unboxed it, and it turns out there was quite a bit of damage to the hood. There were dings, bends, folds, and all sorts of stuff. Maxwell tried to blame it on Berry Dodge, Berry Dodge didn't want to take responsibility and then they both tried to blame it on me. I simply took the hood in the box it was in, gently laid it in the back of the truck, and drove it to the shop. It's not physically possible for that to have caused the damage that was caused to the hood, so someone was 'effing with me, but I don't know who.

Anyways, here are some pictures of the hood, finally repaired:

Maxwell Collision and Berry Dodge couldn't come to any sort of agreement and Maxwell finally agreed to fix the hood. (See pictures above) However at first they agreed to fix it for free, now they're trying to charge me for it. We'll see how all of this ends, but I've had a lot of problems with Maxwell Collision:

The hail repairs that were supposed to take 3 days took 16 days without my truck, and 3 separate trips to the shop, plus lots of unreturned phone calls and mistakes along the way.

Anyways, at least the hood is on and it looks good:

Last edited by Sobomaster; 09-02-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:08 PM
crod
All Star

are you thinking about getting the plastic inserts like on the srt charger?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:10 PM
topgun
Captain

Looks Good! Sounds like one heck of a trip to get there though.

Where are your inserts or are you going to make it functional?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Well, the inserts are MIA. Berry Dodge claimed they were in the box, Maxwell claimed they weren't there when the hood arrived and I definitely didn't take them out. There was a smaller box in the big box which I had assumed had the inserts, but it had some random metal brackets that had nothing to do with my hood......

Anyways, I didn't think I was going to want them anyways. The inserts make the hood poser. I might try to modify the Challenger functional scoop to work on the Ram, but I'll need to take a closer look at it first.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
jarhead03
Veteran

Not to say that someone didnt mess with the hood but unfortunately its a risk ordering a hood and recieving it with damage, sometimes it happens at the factory, wharehouse, and during transport. Good rule of thumb is open it up and check it and always spring for insurance through the carrier. Just my .02¢

Old 09-01-2009, 10:06 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks great. Well worth the effort.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jarhead03
Not to say that someone didnt mess with the hood but unfortunately its a risk ordering a hood and recieving it with damage, sometimes it happens at the factory, wharehouse, and during transport. Good rule of thumb is open it up and check it and always spring for insurance through the carrier. Just my .02¢
I totally agree with you. I probably wouldn't do something like this this way again (just order local next time). I was way too trusting. The guy from Berry Dodge claimed he inspected the hood as soon as it came in. It got damaged by someone somewhere and they're not telling the truth. I did only pay $750 for a $900+ hood. The guys at Maxwell were saying they sold it to me at cost, but that could have been part of their pitch to blame it on Berry.

Anyways, glad it's on and fixed and I don't plan on paying anymore than I already have.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Twist
Rookie

Sorry to hear about all the problems with your hood install. The end result looks great. I hope one day I can put one on mine. I think it would be nice if it matched my Challenger.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:45 AM
72combo
Champion

Was there not hail damage on the other hood that should have been covered? They could just put in for that, or did you not go thru insurance?

Old 09-02-2009, 11:24 AM
drap660
Rookie

Where can I buy this hood?

Quick Reply: Finally Got My Challenger Hood On