4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hypertech Max Energy

Old 09-21-2009, 06:41 AM
1954Radio
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jws8308
Hey guys,

still havent had the chance to hook up the hypertech. Worked some OT and then when I thought I had a minute, I got confused with the fuse box. Since I have to pull the fuses for the Sat. Radio and remote start, I went to the fuse box but could not find the fuses for these options. I don't want to pull the wrong one or pull one less fuse for a multiple fuse application.

Also, went to the dealer to try and get a 180 degree thermostat. Parts dept. said that putting this thermostat in would throw up multiple error codes (as indicated on his computer) and that it would violate terms of warranty.

Nonetheless, I will post my results once I get over the aforementioned hurdles.
I haven't checked, but the fuse locations should be in your manual. Second, the dealer is correct about the thermostat error codes, but that's what you have a programmer for, and one that corrects the code for the thermostat installation Ignore him, I'd get the thermostat from where ever, install it, and set the temperature with your new tuner, piece of cake bro! EDIT: To everyone listening, re tuning your ECM is a violation of warranty in itself, so what! If you want your truck to run a high octane tune, you must change the thermostat to a 185. Second, your motor will last a hell of a lot longer, as well as all of your engine gaskets and seals. If you ever have to bring your truck in for warranty work, save and re install your old thermostat and set your ECM back to the factory settings, SIMPLE!

Last edited by 1954Radio; 09-21-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:16 PM
jws8308
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still waiting for dodge to confirm my fuse locations for my remote start and sat. radio. I don't want to go pulling the wrong fuses and screwing up my truck before hooking up the programmer. I looked at the fuse panel for the locations but don't seem to know which one is for the remote start.

Also, for you guys looking at the hypertech, I would look elsewhere for a different programmer. I contacted hypertech to see which options applied to the 09 ram and they said that the programmer does not work with shift points, shift firmness and rev limited. They said that none of their hypertech products work with the transmission due to Dodge having such fragile transmissions to begin with. So, this Max Energy Programmer will only change the settings for Premium/regular fuel, top speed limiter, gear ratio, fan temp, tire size and to detect/clear trouble codes.

I got a good deal on the programmer so I am not really to upset about its limited features but for everybody else, I would def. not pay full price for a Hypertech Max Energy Programmer for an 09 Ram.

Last edited by jws8308; 09-25-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: forgot something

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hypertech Max Energy