4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bullydog installed

Old 09-19-2009, 06:21 PM
mixgt
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bullydog installed

So i felt like my truck should run harder with 390 hp. After doing some research and actually being patient for once I bought a GT gas tuner. Now my truck put down a patch from a dead stop, and runs pretty damn hard. I have the 91 octane tune and have seen 19 mpg on the highway at 70mph. Which is killer cause I never saw over 13 mpg before the install. My buddy has a new dodge and I can run off and hide from him now. haha
Anyways all I need to do now is figure out how to turn off the ESP completely. I cant wait for them to come out with the pillar mount.

Last edited by mixgt; 04-19-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:59 PM
TZM
Rookie

Originally Posted by mixgt
...Anyways all I need to do now is figure out how to turn off the ESP completely...

unplug the two plug sensors in the front fenderwells. dont recommend you leave it that way with fall/winter approaching up there in alaska, but would be fun for a sunny dry afternoon

Old 09-19-2009, 07:15 PM
ivaskaj
Veteran

Are you getting any weird shifting under normal slow acceleration? I had a Bullydog, and it shifted very funny for me. It would stop pulling in between gears while the revs dropped, then start pulling again. Put it back to stock, and the issue went away.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:18 PM
ran jr
Veteran

Many were complaining of detonation(pinging), are you hearing any?

Old 09-19-2009, 07:36 PM
mixgt
Rookie

TZM

Thanks, snow will hit the ground in a month so there is still time. haha

ivaskj

Nope, tranny is right. Raised the rev limiter to 6200, set my shift points at 6000. Pulls solid all the way through with out issues. Under normal driving conditions its the same.

ran jr.

I did notice it pinging. I visited the local speed shop and they did the calculations to raise my octane level to 95. I filled up with 101 octane and then have been using their additive since. I will change the tune once the snow hits the ground though.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:19 PM
ivaskaj
Veteran

Hmm, maybe I just had some sort of glitch with my download or something. When I bought it, it did not have the '09 tune in it, I had to get it off the web site. I had detonation on the 87 tune with a tank of 93.

Last edited by ivaskaj; 09-19-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:48 AM
cpelton
Veteran

I get detonation on 87 oct tune with 94 oct gas when wot. Engineers at bully dog are working on it. I also noticed the lag between gears, the tq management seems more pronounced but the power increase is definately there.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:30 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

I heard Bullydog GT is the best tuner?! True? Or what is? I want to get one too! Bullydog, Diablo, SCT... ?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:22 PM
socaliallstar82
Professional

you guys are lucky as hell to have all these tuners jumping to get you some programers out. Our tundras have been out for three years, and we only have two available, both piggyback systems, with tuners far and few in between. Diablo has supposedly been in the works for 2 years now, but doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:56 PM
sking
Veteran

Originally Posted by socaliallstar82
you guys are lucky as hell to have all these tuners jumping to get you some programers out. Our tundras have been out for three years, and we only have two available, both piggyback systems, with tuners far and few in between. Diablo has supposedly been in the works for 2 years now, but doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.
With the talk around here of the Tundra not being anymore I dont think there will be much made for them. The people I know at the Tundra plant here are starting to look for new jobs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bullydog installed