4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RRT for RamBox Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009 | 07:52 PM
Shumdit
Professional

Originally Posted by HEMICrew
Ok the RamBox is awesome...'nuff said.

With respect to the original poster, the RRT is for replacing the locks because there is a security issue with other Dodge owners being able to open the RamBox bins with their keys. My buddy just had this done and that's what they told him. I'll be taking mine in to have that taken care of when my next oil change comes up in a few months.

Jason
That's not cool. I keep a number of high $$ tools in one side of mine and occasionally golf clubs in the other. Right now I have $90 worth of Amsoil in there!!!!

Old 10-02-2009 | 09:03 AM
V8MANual
Captain

Could you let me know if you are going to park in a dark, quiet, place for a couple of hours? HA

Old 10-02-2009 | 10:46 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Shumdit
That's not cool. I keep a number of high $$ tools in one side of mine and occasionally golf clubs in the other. Right now I have $90 worth of Amsoil in there!!!!
I bet your insurance will not cover stuff in those Rambox storage bins. Especially golf clubs unless you are on your way golfing and stopped for lunch or something. I would check.

Old 10-02-2009 | 08:45 PM
Shumdit
Professional

Originally Posted by 72combo
I bet your insurance will not cover stuff in those Rambox storage bins. Especially golf clubs unless you are on your way golfing and stopped for lunch or something. I would check.
It does as long as they are locked. They consider them to be just like a trunk on a car. The problem would be if anyone's key will open them then the insurance co. could claim I had left them unlocked. The one thing I have always thought about the Ram Boxes that could use improvement is the need for the lids to lock with the doors via the remote. For the kind of money they ask for the option I think it's not unreasonable. I plan to try to modify mine to work in that method.

Quick Reply: RRT for RamBox Owners