4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RRT for RamBox Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009 | 10:18 PM
lowriderman1225
|
Rookie
Default RRT for RamBox Owners

when to the dealer to day to get a new interior passenger side dash panel put in and was told that a RRT for my RamBox came up. This is the info i got from the dealer.

RRT 09-063

Description
2009 DS - RAMBOX LOCK REPLACEMENT

Launch Date
2009-09-18

Old 09-27-2009 | 12:26 AM
Shumdit
Professional

I wonder what that is?

Old 09-27-2009 | 10:47 AM
Wil09RamSport
Rookie

Im gonna contact the service department to see if apply to my as well...

Old 09-27-2009 | 01:45 PM
RamPhreak
Professional

Please have this info placed in the RRT/Recall Section to for Archive use. THANKS for the info too!

Old 09-27-2009 | 05:30 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio

It is probably for the warped tops.

The Rambox is a good idea, but to be honest they are UGLY.

Old 09-27-2009 | 07:31 PM
72combo
Champion

If they could close tighter instead of sitting on top

Old 09-27-2009 | 08:28 PM
Shumdit
Professional

I do not think it's for the Warped tops since the launch date is 9/18/09 and the warped tops were on an RRT months ago. I also do not think they are ugly. I think they obviously add another line to the design, which would be less controversial without them. That said, they are highly functional and have come in handy almost daily for us. Since this is a truck, which is more about function instead of form, the Ram Box is a great feature (albeit overpriced in my opinion). If this was a Ferrari, I would be more likely to understand the criticism, but if you purchased a Ram based only on looks, you need to reconsider your purchase logic.

Old 09-28-2009 | 09:19 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio

Originally Posted by Shumdit
if you purchased a Ram based only on looks, you need to reconsider your purchase logic.
Sports car or truck most 1/2 tons and bought based on looks. Very few of these things are every pushed to their capacity. They are urban people movers that may get the occasional load of mulch or tow some light ATVs/Jet Skis.

With that said if I were buying based on the TRUE functionality of a 1/2 ton TRUCK the Ram would be one of the last I would look at. One of the worst towing ratings in its class. Ford would probably be my choice if I was after a 1/2 ton to do true TRUCK work. But then again, if I was that serious of a "TRUCK user" I would probably not be driving a 1/2 ton.

I guess if I would have read the entire first post I would know what this is, which would be a lock replacement

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 09-28-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-28-2009 | 08:45 PM
Shumdit
Professional

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
Sports car or truck most 1/2 tons and bought based on looks. Very few of these things are every pushed to their capacity. They are urban people movers that may get the occasional load of mulch or tow some light ATVs/Jet Skis.

With that said if I were buying based on the TRUE functionality of a 1/2 ton TRUCK the Ram would be one of the last I would look at. One of the worst towing ratings in its class. Ford would probably be my choice if I was after a 1/2 ton to do true TRUCK work. But then again, if I was that serious of a "TRUCK user" I would probably not be driving a 1/2 ton.

I guess if I would have read the entire first post I would know what this is, which would be a lock replacement
True (which is why I kept my Duramax HD when I bought the Ram since it can tow a 48 foot enclosed trailer), but still there is a lot of functionality that comes into play with a truck purchase for most buyers. My wife really wanted me to consider a Tahoe or Suburban, but I needed to be able to haul ATVs Golf Carts, and just the normal crap that's too large, dirty, or messy to put into a carpeted area. While the Dodge is down on the list of heavy duty use for towing, it also has a much more livable ride than any other truck I have driven (ESPECIALLY MY CHEVY HD!). For my needs (and I looked at all the options, including the Tahoe/Suburban) it was highly stylish/appointed while still being able to do the jobs I need it to do. If I was only going to commute, which is a big part of my use for this truck, I could have bought a Prius, but the Ram fit the bill best of all the vehicles I looked at. The Ram Box also came into play for me since it gave me some of the additional storage that the Tahoe would have that was dry and lockable, and that was also a factor for my purchase.

Now, regarding the original post, do you or anyone happen to know WHY the locks are needing replacement?

Old 10-01-2009 | 11:32 AM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Default Love the RamBox!

Ok the RamBox is awesome...'nuff said.

With respect to the original poster, the RRT is for replacing the locks because there is a security issue with other Dodge owners being able to open the RamBox bins with their keys. My buddy just had this done and that's what they told him. I'll be taking mine in to have that taken care of when my next oil change comes up in a few months.

Jason

Quick Reply: RRT for RamBox Owners