4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New here and new 2010 1500 Laramie 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Arctic Cat F7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here and new 2010 1500 Laramie 4X4

Hey guys. I've been lurking here for a month or two and I pulled the trigger on a new 2010 Ram 1500 Laramie crew cab 4X4. I maybe have 1500km on it. I can't believe the power this thing has. I've been an F-150 owner forever. So this is my first Ram. I do love the stock goodyears too! They handle terrific in the snow and crap out there. I also love the U connect too.

Here are a few pic's.

I would like to do a back rack and Line X over the next couple of weeks.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:18 PM
hemimike
Rookie

Great looking truck I love the red two tone,wanted red but couldn't find one when I was looking.Had to get my second choice black two tone and had to go around 400 kms to get it.Enjoy I know I am.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Arctic Cat F7

I wanted a crew cab sport but I saw this and fell in love. I really like the two tone look especially black and biege.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:58 PM
72combo
Champion

That red and silver is nice, you are probably the first person I have heard that likes those tires but to each his own. With 4x4 any new tires usually get you out of a regular snow storm. I had 2 different sets and one got dry rot between the tread in under 3 years, the others I traded in on the truck, they looked great but were all messed up, wobbly and vibrating like heck on the highway. Now that was a while ago who knows maybe they fixed them...we all shall see. Anyway beauty of a truck.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:08 PM
hemimike
Rookie

Originally Posted by Arctic Cat F7
I wanted a crew cab sport but I saw this and fell in love. I really like the two tone look especially black and biege.
You like the two tone black and I like the two tone red maybe we should trade.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Cheap_thrills
Amateur

Originally Posted by 72combo
That red and silver is nice, you are probably the first person I have heard that likes those tires but to each his own. With 4x4 any new tires usually get you out of a regular snow storm. I had 2 different sets and one got dry rot between the tread in under 3 years, the others I traded in on the truck, they looked great but were all messed up, wobbly and vibrating like heck on the highway. Now that was a while ago who knows maybe they fixed them...we all shall see. Anyway beauty of a truck.

My 06 ram had the same tires as my 09. The 06 tires had to be ditched before the tread wore out because they to rotted out and made the truck shake like crazy. I would not buy them again but ended up with them again..... Oh great looking truck you got there, best of luck with it. I love mine.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:24 PM
wolfmark
Rookie

I almost went with a red and tan Laramie, but because it had a sunroof the top of my head rode the headliner, no matter how I adjusted the seat. So, I went with same optioned black and tan w/o the sunroof. Been happy since bringing her home, hope you are too!

Old 01-14-2010, 07:40 PM
hemimike
Rookie

I have the sun roof and I'm 6'5" no problems.I love the black just hard to keep clean,had a black 03 and said I would never get black again.I guess never say never.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:07 PM
KWhitelaw

Lots of Ontario Boys with nice trucks around here.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:25 PM
wolfmark
Rookie

Originally Posted by hemimike
I have the sun roof and I'm 6'5" no problems.I love the black just hard to keep clean,had a black 03 and said I would never get black again.I guess never say never.
I'm your size and just could not adjust the seat so that my head didn't ride the liner, unless I wanted to look like I was driving from the back seat like all the bagged hondas and toyotas around here by laying the seatback down. I have the same problem in the Charger too. Maybe something different between the '09s and '10s in the seat or sunroof, or maybe my behind is bigger than yours, I don't know, just do know I couldn't get it comfortable for me. I had a black '05 Durango Limited Hemi I traded for the Ram, so black is good for me. Anyways, we got more than enough sun down here that I don't need it coming through the roof too. Already have nearly 2 dozen scars all over my head, neck, arms and chest from skin cancer removals. Had my right ear rebuilt twice from the stuff... so it wasn't high on my wants list.

Last edited by wolfmark; 01-14-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Quick Reply: New here and new 2010 1500 Laramie 4X4