4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DVD While Driving - Aftermarket Options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Hal_T
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is illegal in just about every state. Including Tennessee.

55-9-105. Televisions in motor vehicles — Operation or installation — Applicability — Violations. —

(a) A person shall not operate a motor vehicle with a television receiver, a video monitor, or a television or video screen capable of displaying a television broadcast or video signal that produces entertainment or business applications, if the receiver, monitor or screen is intended to display images visible to the driver in a normal position when the vehicle is in motion.
(b) A person shall not install in a motor vehicle a television receiver, a video monitor, or a television or video screen capable of displaying a television broadcast or video signal that produces entertainment or business applications, if the receiver, monitor or screen is intended to display images visible to the driver in a normal position when the vehicle is in motion.
(c) The prohibitions contained in this section shall not apply to:
(1) The following equipment when installed in a motor vehicle:
(A) A vehicle information display;
(B) A navigation or global positioning display;
(C) A visual display used to enhance or supplement the driver's view forward, behind, or to the sides of a motor vehicle; or
(D) A television receiver, video monitor, television or video screen or any other similar means of visually displaying a television broadcast or video signal, if the equipment is designed to prevent the driver from viewing the entertainment or business application when the motor vehicle is being driven;
(2) Television receivers or monitors used in government-owned vehicles by law enforcement officers in the course of their official duties;
(3) A wireless telephone or communication device when used for placing or receiving a telephone call or to access a navigation or global positioning display;
(4) Electronic monitors or displays used to monitor livestock being transported; or
(5) (A) Computer or other electronic displays or monitors used in utility vehicles by employees of the utility in the course of their official duties; provided, however, that use shall be permitted only while the vehicle is stopped, standing or parked;
(B) As used in subdivision (c)(5)(A), “utility” means any person, municipality, county, metropolitan government, cooperative, board, commission, district, or any entity created or authorized by public act, private act or general law to provide electricity, natural gas, water, waste water services, telephone service or any combination thereof, for sale to consumers in any particular service area; and
(C) As used in subdivision (c)(5)(B), “cooperative” means any cooperative providing utility services, including, but not limited to, electric or telephone services, or both.
(d) This section does not apply to local, state or federal law enforcement officers who are engaged in the performance of their official duties.
(e) A violation of this section is a Class C misdemeanor.

[Acts 1955, ch. 40, §§ 1, 2; T.C.A., § 59-927; Acts 1989, ch. 591, § 113; 1992, ch. 597, § 1; 1994, ch. 877, § 1; 2001, ch. 2, § 1; 2002, ch. 524, § 1; 2007, ch. 7, § 1.]

Old 03-21-2010, 01:37 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by rolltidehemi
For the $$ your gonna pay for a new unit, your better off getting the allgig/navtv setup instead, and it upgrades by software.
New lockpick 3.0 available now with same usb upgradeable.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:46 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
I'm typically too busy trying to mow down bikers and run hybrids off the road to text.
I like collecting HYBRID badges while they are moving. LOL I personally think you are safer taking a peek once in a while at some Disney movie on for the kids than trying to watch a GPS screen. I noticed in that list you can use it for view and extra viewing for backup camera and I would assume forward also. Whats the difference there? I think I would locate my module where I can quickly flip the dip switch for that part of it all off. There are some setup tricks with the new 3.0 where you can turn it off so that if a cop were to try to make it work it won't you push certain buttons twice then another one once or some crap. Sure the cops will figure it out but unless they are riding in an SUV or pickup or way behind me they wont see way up there anyway.

Quick Reply: DVD While Driving - Aftermarket Options?