4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Good News ECO Flash finally

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 05:41 PM
savage_46
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just replaced an injector in my truck. ran OBD monitors & cleared DTC's. checking for any updates & saw the cluster was available. read the description & was very surprised and happy. flashed my cluster & drove around the lot--finally got it & verified that it works. figured it would be a lost cause to keep wishing since chrysler basicly said "sorry, your SOL" in a tech online help case.

to anyone whose dealer says it isnt available, theyre probably saying so cause the TSB isnt readily listed in the normal TSB area yet. im looking at the TSB/tech tips section right now & the TSB isnt in there. however, i was able to bring it up using the WiTech, and also looking in "
What's New In Service Bulletins/Recalls"
08-007-10 04/23/2010 2009 DS Flash: Cluster Economy (ECO) Light Activation
so good luck to all

Old 05-08-2010, 07:13 PM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

It just hasn't made it out fully yet.It comes in on dealer phone and downloads to their software.Give it a week.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:56 PM
mike2810
Captain

72Combo.
Keep the faith. Don't let one idiot keep you from posting your great finds. Because of you and Bonza (with the USA TSB number), I was able to get the update this week and it works great. The TSB just came out. My dealer had to look for it, but once he did it was no questions, scheduled the next day, and done in 30 minutes.

Again, thank you.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:50 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain

Looks like to Mod God needs to pull out the Ban stick again!!
The winged one has come out of the closet again, his MO is so obvious.

Tase him, Tase him bro!!!!

Give him the chair, the chair!!

Old 05-08-2010, 10:09 PM
tombogue09
Captain

I don't know if he should be banned YET. He's acting a helluvalot better than he did as bountyhunter.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

.... big bro is watching

Old 05-09-2010, 02:35 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by mike2810
72Combo.
Keep the faith. Don't let one idiot keep you from posting your great finds. Because of you and Bonza (with the USA TSB number), I was able to get the update this week and it works great. The TSB just came out. My dealer had to look for it, but once he did it was no questions, scheduled the next day, and done in 30 minutes.

Again, thank you.
Glad things worked out for you at the others. It is obvious they need to have some patience. That is why I said to go to a big dealership you would think they stay on the ball. Anyway I thought it would be a pain but it is kinda unbelievable how easy and often it stays in MDS and no matter what I still can't feel it change in and out, neither can my wife and she is very surprised because I am a rattle and noise freak. Means I hate noises and rattles so you would think I would notice the change.........

Old 05-09-2010, 06:58 AM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

I can feel and tell it easily.Can feel it through the floorboard and such.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:57 AM
dgholmes59
Rookie

Originally Posted by 72combo
I just found out about this and have an appt. to get this done Service Bulletin F08-63-10 DS Cluster Flash for ECO Light Activation
Finally but the manifold bolts are still on back order, They have 2 at the dealer but I need 4? I assume 2 per side so I said how about do the 2 and next time I come back it will be quicker. She said she will see if they will do it.
Thanks for posting this fix. I had mine flashed yesterday and it works perfectly now. I would have never known about this fix if it weren't for this forum. This is why a visit this forum everyday.

I really like this feature, and I also did not realize how easy it was to drive in the MDS mode. Just let off the accelerator a bit and the fuel saver light comes ON. Really makes a difference in gas mileage around town. Very nice.

Last edited by dgholmes59; 05-09-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:51 AM
kddsRam
Veteran

my truck is an 12/08 build and always had the light and option to disable under EVIC but one thing I noticed worth mentioning. Before I had the dealer reflash the PCM for the 'driveability and MDS improvements ' TSB, the fuel saver light was linked directly to the MDS engage and disengage. Since the reflash, it is linked directly to throttle position and not to MDS engage or disengage, although it shortly follows changes in TP.

As far as not being able to tell when MDS engages/disengages, I could always tell, regardless of the dash light, you can feel it in the pedal and different vibe and here it in the engine tone. This is before and after the reflash. Even before any performance mod's I would always tell, I do too much highway driving so I won't disable MDS but it is much more obvious with the superchips tune but the light is still based on throttle pressure now and not true MDS mode anymore.

Last edited by kddsRam; 05-10-2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: fixed build date

Quick Reply: Good News ECO Flash finally