4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Good News ECO Flash finally

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:10 AM
tombogue09
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was an "MDS light" but its not anymore. Just when you finally get the light is when dodge has to screw it up by programming it to come on all the time. An exhaust seems to be the only way to tell if mds is on. This light is worthless, I'm turning it off.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:18 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by tombogue09
I thought it was an "MDS light" but its not anymore. Just when you finally get the light is when dodge has to screw it up by programming it to come on all the time. An exhaust seems to be the only way to tell if mds is on. This light is worthless, I'm turning it off.
There ya go and that is your perogative exactly what people who are unhappy with it should do. I tell ya I really don't even notice it, I don't stare at the dash while driving I catch a glimpse of it popping on or going off on occasion, but most often playing with the radio or looking in the mirrors or at traffic. I just wonder if the flash was not don't correctly on some? Mine seems to operate as explained it would to me earlier as my uncle got his truck same day as me but his has the rear lock and the fuel saver light. For comparison we drove down the street together and the light came on mine a second or two before his but I have 355 gears he has a short single truck with 355's...I think the gears are the same. I remember having the discussion with him and he wasn't sure but thought he had 355's cuz he expected a faster pull out of the hole. Anyway, I am happy, a few others are for the ones who arent EVIC..."fuelsaver light off".

Old 07-05-2010, 08:37 AM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

I watched and felt/heard my MDS kicking in and out.Drove about 100 miles.MDS and the FUEL SAVER light are in perfect unison with each other.Spot on.I knew it was just thought I'd make sure after reading this thread.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:46 AM
jhedger
Veteran

Originally Posted by hounddogg
I watched and felt/heard my MDS kicking in and out.Drove about 100 miles.MDS and the FUEL SAVER light are in perfect unison with each other.Spot on.I knew it was just thought I'd make sure after reading this thread.

Mine use to be that way, don't let them flash your PCM.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:16 PM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

Mine is doing this AFTER the latest flash update.Made a big difference in how MDS/Fuel saver worked.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:44 PM
72combo
Champion

On the way out today since we were bored and had time to kill before an appt. I got into the back of the truck so I could hear this exhaust change????? So on the phone with my wife she is on bluetooth and telling me when the light came on...I did hear a slight hard to explain kinda like the exhaust was going thru something different. Every time it worked, got to the point I could tell her when it came on. So the MDS (in my truck) works like it should. Finally I hear that exhaust sound, it really isn't that big of a deal for the OEM exhaust, I could imagine it would sound worse louder. If yours is not working properly take it back and get it reflashed. Sorry for those of you that it is not working but there are technicians out there and parts people too that are lost. I tried today to get a stand alone microphone I even gave them the part number they could not find it.
MDS ROCKS!

Old 07-21-2010, 07:55 PM
hemicorr
Amateur
Default I got it!!!

Fuel Saver light now works on my '09! I had it to the dealer today for some RRT's.... gave the service manager the RRT number and presto!

Thanks 72combo!

Old 08-21-2010, 01:10 PM
section88
Amateur

my wife has the 2010 with the bar that goes up and down with fuel consumption. i have an ooold 2009. her bar doesnt change much in 4 cylinder mode. so yeah its in 4 cylinder mode but isnt saving more fuel. pushing the tow haul button turns off fuel saver mode and alters shifting times a little. both of the modes use about the same amount of gas when driven easily. so if its working or the light doesnt work. just drive easily. if your gunning it from red lights and passing people on country roads(fast truck!whoah!)your fuel savings are shot. if you go to pass someone and it feels like the back lifts off the ground at 55 mph and fishtails a little, your using lots of gas(and some adrenalin).FAST TRUCK. i have two words for fuel saving. toyota prius.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:33 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by section88
my wife has the 2010 with the bar that goes up and down with fuel consumption. i have an ooold 2009. her bar doesnt change much in 4 cylinder mode. so yeah its in 4 cylinder mode but isnt saving more fuel. pushing the tow haul button turns off fuel saver mode and alters shifting times a little. both of the modes use about the same amount of gas when driven easily. so if its working or the light doesnt work. just drive easily. if your gunning it from red lights and passing people on country roads(fast truck!whoah!)your fuel savings are shot. if you go to pass someone and it feels like the back lifts off the ground at 55 mph and fishtails a little, your using lots of gas(and some adrenalin).FAST TRUCK. i have two words for fuel saving. toyota prius.
There ya go, I rarely see the light. My wife says it's always on.

Quick Reply: Good News ECO Flash finally