4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leveling Kit Success Stories

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 09:12 AM
pdavis53
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leveling Kit Success Stories

There have been a ton of threads on here about leveling kit's. From what I can tell some are having problems and some are not. My suspicion's are that the people that are having problem's are the ones posting questions and the one who are having no issues are not posting. Therefore it looks like there have been a ton of issues with leveling kits and maybe it is just a few select trucks or kits that people are having issues with. I am sure there are others out there who are interested in this information so let's try to provide good feedback with no trolls or thread stealing. So here is what I am looking for.

What type of leveling kit are you running?
How much lift did it provide?
Who installed the kit?
How much was the kit?
If you paid for installation how much was it?
What size tires are you running now?
Would you use the kit again?
Do you have pictures of your setup?
How is the driveability after the leveling kit was installed?

Please I am only looking for people with success stories so if you are having issues please do not post. Thanks

Old 05-12-2010, 01:13 PM
TI 3VOM
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I will answer what I can.

Running the Dodge leveling kit.

Claims 2.5 front and 3/4 rear. Never measured before so I can't say actual.

Kit was under 200, I would have to check since I rolled it into the truck purchase.

The dealer installed and alligned, I paid 140 for instalation, we split it 50/50. And they had to sublet the allignment that my shop charged them 70 for, so I paid 70 bucks to install.

I am running BFG 315/75r17's with no rub. 17 x 8 rims, unsure of backspacing but look similar to stock.

I would most certainly do it again.

No drivability issues at all. No 4x4 shudders, etc. I did notice a slight increase in steering sensitivity, but can not say whether it is due to the lift, slightly different offset or the L T's versus stock P series tires. Nothing crazy, just less movement needed on the steering wheel to make it swerve.

I do have pics, but can't get them on the Blackberry. I will add them later.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:42 AM
TI 3VOM
Veteran

I guess I am the only one..... LOL

Old 05-13-2010, 02:36 PM
kpdraggin

TI do you by chance happen to know the part numbers and such for the leveling kit that you purchase? A lot of guys on here from what I have been reading have had problems getting the Dodge kit. Any info would be a great help.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:42 PM
TI 3VOM
Veteran

I can try to check with the dealer.... it will be a couple days though. The numbers on my invoice don't seem to match up to anything.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:43 PM
pdavis53
All Star

Check out this link
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...rt-number.html

It talks all about the Mopar Kit and has the part number. Yes it seeems difficult to get your hands on.

On a side note it looks like not a lot of people have had success with there leveling kits!!

Old 05-13-2010, 03:03 PM
MTtruckr
Rookie

Give it a little time. I've talked to both Readylift and Superlift and they both said they have far more success than those that had troubles. Readylift said about 1:100 have issue whereas superlift said they've only had two trucks with issues, one of which was installed wrong and the other had the auto 4 feature which is not compatible with a leveling kit.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:50 PM
kpdraggin

Cool deal MT I didnt mean to jack this thread just really interested in ordering a leveling kit for the pick-up.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:18 PM
matt3
Professional

I have the Rough Country 2.5" front 3/4" rear and it sits perfectly level. I have had no issues with it so far and it has been on for about 6,000 miles and about 7 months. I'm still running the stock 275/60/20 but plan to upsize when these wear out. I installed it myself with the help of a friend and payed about $70-80 to get it aligned afterward.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:29 PM
pdavis53
All Star

Originally Posted by matt3
I have the Rough Country 2.5" front 3/4" rear and it sits perfectly level. I have had no issues with it so far and it has been on for about 6,000 miles and about 7 months. I'm still running the stock 275/60/20 but plan to upsize when these wear out. I installed it myself with the help of a friend and payed about $70-80 to get it aligned afterward.
Looks nice, a set of 275/65/20 BF Goodrich All Terrains (34's) would look real nice on your truck.

Quick Reply: Leveling Kit Success Stories