4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Short Runner Intake Valve

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Huntjunkie41
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Im stupid on this one. What/where is the SRV and is it prone to 09 Hemi or 09-10. I am interested to look at this on mine incase it were to happen to me.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

Well, they did get the parts in and installed....by 5:00pm. My truck is disgusting looking - a week's layer of dirt on it with greasy hand marks on the right fender and on the hood where they closed it. I don't know what it is about this shop, but it's like the truck always comes back with a layer of dirt on it - even when it's in there for only a day.

We'll see how long this fix lasts this time........

Old 06-26-2010, 11:28 AM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

If the shop is near major/busy roads.I worked one near the interstate and one in downtown Atlanta years ago.Vehicles got a layer of silt on them in no time flat.Ours and customers.Us too by the the end of a 12 hour day.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:44 PM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

Dealer can look up warranty's and what parts covered under emission etc.in just a couple minutes.It changes so frequently from year to year I would think they are looking up coverages several times daily.Call another dealer and ask.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:08 PM
rotts4u

Where is this valve located? Can I get to it and clean it or replace it myself on a 5.7? Surely there has to be a better cheaper way

Old 09-10-2011, 01:19 PM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

YES they have to do the checking in THEIR shop and charge you until otherwise determined. Part of doing business. Call Chrysler or ask the service manager to warranty it for you if car is clean and low mileage. The manufacturers have been bending over backwards to take care of their customers. The dealer service manager should have the ability to approve a out of warranty ODD BALL repair at his own level. If not call Chrysler. Service manages at two dealers near me can approve anything at any mileage id they so desire. If the car is clean,maintained and a odd ball repair both the ones I know let Chrysler buy it. They have been TOLD to do so. A Chrysler customer service has been appearing on these sites and dicussing these issues by PM.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:21 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The lifetime powertrain warranty only covers hard parts. No electronics. The block and all internal parts as well as the cylinder heads, timing cover and water pump. Same for the trans, transfer case and differentials.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:43 PM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

You sure? What if trans valve body went out? Its electronic.

Quick Reply: Short Runner Intake Valve