4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SEMA Build up

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010 | 11:22 PM
RawRam
|
Professional

thanks guys! i think option B is a good option lol. leave my stockers in there til i get to SEMA then trade out. sucks too cause i like them headlights. im gonna call Anzo tomorrow and let them know they are missing out on some business by not having a dual projection.

Old 08-13-2010 | 03:27 PM
paul07
Veteran

definately a challenger style hood and led light bars!!! so far though it looks sick, can't wait to see more

Old 08-13-2010 | 10:00 PM
myhikingboots
Rookie

Originally Posted by RawRam
gonna talk to a few car audio companies tomorrow to see what we can work out. any suggestions? was gonna check with Kicker, Alpine and Arc Audio.

Sorry long wait, but it's been brutal at work and it's going to get worse before it gets better. Therefore this will be brief and I HOPE THAT SOME OTHER MEMBERS will have some enthusiastic input on this subject.

Anyway what happened on your end? Did you get any interest from anyone? If you are dependent on a sponsor then I guess we should get that out of the way first. If you have the luxury to pick then we have a lot to discuss!

Last edited by myhikingboots; 08-14-2010 at 06:27 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 08-13-2010 | 10:25 PM
War Horse
All Star

I love the way the truck looks right now, but as Doc said it's not enough as is to get the looks at SEMA. I really dig the drawing, but I'm not too hot on the headlights or the grille.

And as for the hood, have you thought about the functional RamAir hood?

Old 08-13-2010 | 10:46 PM
RawRam
|
Professional

Originally Posted by myhikingboots
Sorry long wait, but it's been brutal at work and it's going to get worse before it gets better. Therefore this will be brief and I HOPE THAT SOME OTHER MEMBERS will have some inthuisiastic input on this subject.

Anyway what happened on your end? Did you get any interest from anyone? If you are dependent on a sponsor then I guess we should get that out of the way first. If you have the luxury to pick then we have a lot to discuss!
So far we have been very lucky and everyone we have approached about a sponsorship has came on board. I have a very nice proposal and since i own a marketing company and know the true meaning to the term "return on investment" i think that has helped me out alot. Today we struck a deal with Baer Brakes for their big brake upgrade. I knew we would get them, just didnt know what kinda deal we could make. I dont have a ton of money but i have some put away if needed. But i would like some good input on other parts we should go after. I like the bumpers idea but i just paid about $900 to get this factory sport bumper so im kinda partial to it lol.

Old 08-14-2010 | 05:44 PM
TI 3VOM
Veteran

Dumb question, but if the single headlight guys can do a simple plug and play swap to the duals. Why can't you just simply do the other way around? I know of a few guys on here who have popped out the singles, popped in the duals and pluged the harness back up.

Other wise, a hood is a must. I could do without the graphics, but SEMA does require such. Some killer bumpers would be sweet. Nothing like big meaty bumpers on a large 4x4..... oh wait.... yours is a 2wd..... JK Big bumpers would still look sick.

Stereo is a must as well, ditch the back seat and go wild. And how about a nice drop down BBQ and fridge in the back, just for those tailgate parties? After all, a 2wd is a pavement pounder. (just had to toss another dig in there, sorry)

Old 08-14-2010 | 06:21 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Looks decent enough with the 38's now. What is the point of adding 10 more inches of lift without adding bigger tires and cutting the fenders to fit the bigger tires? Some 52" Michelins and it would look cool with that much lift, but then you would have to do something functional and beef up the axles.

As it sits with the 38's the stock rear end is living on borrowed time (if the truck gets driven)

Old 08-14-2010 | 08:51 PM
zuiquan1
Professional

The dual and Quad headlights are interchangable, its the same harness for both. No wire work is needed, you should be able to plug the projecter housing in just fine.

Last edited by zuiquan1; 08-14-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-14-2010 | 10:34 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

if there is a wire adapter that convert the single bulb to dual and vise versa, i am unaware of it. So if there is one i retract my statement.. just because i havent seen one doesnt mean they dont exist..good luck on finding one

Old 08-14-2010 | 10:44 PM
zuiquan1
Professional

Yeah, the wire adapter is in the housing itself, its the same plug that comes out of both headlight styles. I did it on my ST...I couldn't stand the look of the duals.

Quick Reply: SEMA Build up