4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bedliners: Line-X or Rhino?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:29 PM
briansg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have used both and like line-x bette. i had to take my rhino liner bake to get fived and the used black tar out of a caulking gun.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:15 PM
hogrider09
Rookie

I have Line-x, installed in November and already peeling off of tailgate. I have two cuts on gate and it pulls apart so easy. Im pissed. I had a Viper liner on my 06, it was awesome. Maybe rhino will be good. I still need to go to Line-x and get it re done. Im not happy. Are they suppose to sand first? Tailgate appears smooth as a babies bottom, like it was never sanded. Any suggestions would be great.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Herkbubba
Default Warranty

Hogrider -

I went with Line-X for one reason and one reason only: the warranty.

It's lifetime, so go to the Line-X website and get in touch with the folks in order to make it right.

And yes - it should have been roughed-up for the material to adhere. If it is smooth - you'll be getting a new liner.

Basically, Line-X will replace your liner for just about anything unless the damage is due to your neglect.

Here's the link: http://www2.line-x.com/ns/warranty.html

Old 01-31-2011, 09:47 PM
hogrider09
Rookie

Thanks for info. Ill be going down this week to the original installer. We shall see!

Old 02-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Thatmarkguy
I've had both liners - Rhino and Line-X, as mentioned earlier the Rhino is easier on the knees and cargo does not slide around like in the Line-X. I was proponent for Rhino until I saw some work they did on some of the city trucks of the inspectors I was dealing with. Not knocking the Rhino product, but check with the installer and see any of the work they have done. The Rhino liner on my truck looked real uniform, but the ones on the city trucks were a mess - it looked like someone had just taken the liner and just splattered it all over the bed real unevenly. All the Line-X liners I've had and have seen have all been very uniform looking.

Either is a good product, I guess it just depends on who installs it.
We have had both and I tend to lean more towards Line-X myself. Both liners will fade over time, so that piece of argument is out of the question. The main thing you need to ask yourself is what you plan on hauling in the bed of the truck. If it's heavy and has a low risk of sliding around, then Line-x would be the better option for you. Rhino liner has a really really high coefficient of friction which basically means that when you put something on it, it will not slide around as easily. It really resembles no slip shoes that people who work in the food industry or any other slip hazardous job have to wear.

All that said, I have never seen our Rhino liner get gouged from anything that we've hauled on/in it.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:42 AM
JonathanA
Rookie
Old 02-01-2011, 07:58 AM
sensor5

Both offer a lifetime warranty. I've had both and like the Rhino because it is a little softer. The tech who preps your truck and sprays the liner is what you need to worry about.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Patsfan
Professional

+1 Line-x

Old 02-01-2011, 11:39 PM
roberttheall
Professional

Originally Posted by ohnoimonfire1
hey everyone,

i'm looking at getting a spray-on bedliner for my truck, but i wanted to hear some feedback on your experiences with rhino or line-x (or others) bedliners.

I'm quoted right now at:

- line-x $459 under-the-rail
- rhino $375 under-the-rail

thanks.
linex.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:41 PM
roberttheall
Professional

Originally Posted by hogrider09
I have Line-x, installed in November and already peeling off of tailgate. I have two cuts on gate and it pulls apart so easy. Im pissed. I had a Viper liner on my 06, it was awesome. Maybe rhino will be good. I still need to go to Line-x and get it re done. Im not happy. Are they suppose to sand first? Tailgate appears smooth as a babies bottom, like it was never sanded. Any suggestions would be great.
I've had linex on 2 of my trucks, never had an issue. I think yours may not have been applied properly., Lifetime warranty, take it back.

Quick Reply: Bedliners: Line-X or Rhino?