4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bedliners: Line-X or Rhino?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 09:18 PM
lil_jo_25
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sensor5
Both offer a lifetime warranty. I've had both and like the Rhino because it is a little softer. The tech who preps your truck and sprays the liner is what you need to worry about.
As stated above both have lifetime warranties. All in all, it comes down to dealer prep and personal preference. I have a Rhino liner and love it. No problems with it and I have had it since June of 2010.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:57 PM
bigt204
Amateur

I have experience with both liners and just want to tell everyone that it really depemds on the person doing the applications. Both companies offer several different procducts, either harder or softer finish. Rhino does applications just like line x in some locations. I like Rhino because of their better warranty. Line x only offers a limited warranty so you have to cover the labor if you have any issues. Rhino covers everything. Again, the finished product really depends on the applicator. Both line x and rhino offer the same product essentially. Go visit what is a availablle in your area and see a finished truck! I got mine done in Winnipeg, Manitoba at Rhino Linings of Winnipeg and love it!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:33 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by bigt204
Line x only offers a limited warranty so you have to cover the labor if you have any issues.
Line-X covers everything. If something goes wrong, take it to a dealer and they fix it at no charge. http://www2.line-x.com/ns/Files/NatWarranty.pdf

I've had Line-X on my last two Rams. It's a great product.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:25 PM
bombadillo

I don't have one in this truck yet, but line-X is the way to go. Do the whole truck while you're at it.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:12 AM
RAMULAK
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Rhino in my 2500. One thing I learned was to keep a piece of commercial/office carpet laying in the bed. That Rhino is sticky. If I put a piece of furniture in the bed you had to literally pick it up to get it out. You could not slide it in or out. I still have the plastic liner in my truck and am planning to get the Line-x this time. The drop-in plastic liner one just lets everything slide around. Rhino is great for hauling long pieces of lumber without having to tie it in the bed to keep it from sliding out the back....

Old 06-06-2011, 11:02 AM
itaintachev
Professional

I really like my Line-X, had it for over a year. I also like the look better than the Rhino. To me the Rhino looks beat up over time but I guess that really depends how you use it. Mine is under a LEER topper and I have the rubber dodge mat in there. Ok, so I went over on bed protection but it looks good!

Old 06-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Cruzin90
Rookie

None of the Rhino bedliner products are as strong as LINE-X (according to the technical data sheets, which I have).

LINE-X was the first company to offer a nationwide limited lifetime warranty. Rhino copied the LINE-X warranty in 2008.

LINE-X Xtra and LINE-X Premium are NON-FADING bedliner products. Rhino does not have a product like Xtra or Premium.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:21 AM
bigt204
Amateur

the soft rhino lining is called tuff grip, most places use hard line (another rhino lining product) which is harder and more durable. if your comparing rhino linings to line-x you cant compare it to tuff grip, you have to compare it to hard line. line-x has a product like tuff grip which isnt very popular, just like tuff grip, and they are both getting less and less popular

Old 06-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Cruzin90
Rookie

LINE-X has twenty or so products, but only offers ONE bedliner product which is XS-100. LINE-X does not market a "soft" bedliner like Tuff Grip. There's sort of a tradeoff between "soft" and strength. The soft bedliners are usually made of 100% polyurethane and easily tear.

If you want to compare LINE-X XS-100 to Hardline: LINE-X has a 31% higher tear strength, a 53% higher tensile strength, and a 45 degree higher temperature tolerance. So basically, LINE-X is WAY stronger than Hardline.

Quick Reply: Bedliners: Line-X or Rhino?