4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Remote Start Range

Old 01-01-2015, 03:00 AM
BenPayne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600 Ft. Down to 30 Ft.

I used to get close to the 600' if I put it up to my jaw at work. But then one that stopped and now I'm doing great to get more than 20-30 ft. As the distance. Has new battery's in both fobs and even bought a new key since my truck came with one, but no luck just two short distance key fobs. I'm gonna try the antenna behind the radio as well as maybe check fuses see if there's a seperate antenna for it and blew fuse some how. Grasping at straws if you can't tell. LOL

Old 01-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get hundreds of feet easy. To answer your question, the WIN antenna is located behind the glove box under the dash.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:38 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BenPayne
I used to get close to the 600' if I put it up to my jaw at work. But then one that stopped and now I'm doing great to get more than 20-30 ft. As the distance. Has new battery's in both fobs and even bought a new key since my truck came with one, but no luck just two short distance key fobs. I'm gonna try the antenna behind the radio as well as maybe check fuses see if there's a seperate antenna for it and blew fuse some how. Grasping at straws if you can't tell. LOL
Either your battery is getting low or the contacts in the fob need cleaning. Open the remote, remove the battery, and use something (pencil eraser or q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol (damp, not dripping)) to clean all contacts and the battery. Then put the battery back in and turn it so the contacts touch a new spot. It will make things better. I have to do this every 4-6 months.

As a side note, I have tested my remote at my gun range and it has worked from the 200 yard line. The 'hold remote up to your chin' thing really does help.

Rob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote Start Range