4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ESP/BAS/ABS Error

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Charloz24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No the engine isn't really stalling, but the system is thinking that a wheel is spinning so he try to conter that (I don't know how, lower power I suppose) Don't worry I do not use the truck It will be repaired this afternoon.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:07 PM
katahdin

Originally Posted by Charloz24
No the engine isn't really stalling, but the system is thinking that a wheel is spinning so he try to conter that (I don't know how, lower power I suppose) Don't worry I do not use the truck It will be repaired this afternoon.
I was told by the dealer that it is very dangerous to drive the truck with the ABS going in and out. I had hesitation when accelerating and random ABS braking. The dealer had the truck towed all under warranty. What ticked me off was I have a year old truck with 10,000 miles on it and it was useless for 36 hours (my wiring went bad on a saturday night)....oh well, I still love my baby even though she let me down

Old 01-07-2011, 12:50 AM
TDTIPMO
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I had a completely different issue on mine. But it was still just a month or two after I bought it. Kinda made me sad...lol The 4x4 light would constantly flash whenever I tried to turn it on. It wouldn't ever engage. I had to take it to the dealership and first stealership I took it to ordered the part and never called to let me know it was in. So I called a couple weeks later asking if it had come in yet and they said yeah, come on in and we'll get it put on for you. So I took it in, waited a while and they were like, "I'm sorry, but since you took so long getting your truck in here, we put your part on another truck and ordered another one for you." I was shocked. They never even called to let me know the part had arrived! I was so pissed off, I think the whole waiting area heard me. So I left those idiots and went to another dealership. Once I got it in to the new dealership, they said all they had to do was reset the 4x4 module and it went away. I was like, you gotta be kidding me. I got my truck back the same day and didn't have to wait on any parts. I couldn't believe it. Just goes to show you that not all dealerships are crooked. Lithia Dodge, on the other hand, can suck on my b*lls! lol

Old 09-04-2019, 01:17 AM
Dony
Default Problem ASP BAS 4WD. Ram 2010

Originally Posted by oldjeep
You can either get it towed or just disconnect one of the rear wheel sensors so that the system will shut completely off.

What you are describing is exactly what happened with mine. It is dangerous to drive when the ESP/ABS is intermittantly kicking in, especially if you have ice or snow.

If you don't want to get under the truck to unplug one of the sensors, then just go ahead and pull the ABS fuse - be aware that the speedo will not work.

If your speedo was moving when the truck was not, it sounds like it is one of the front sensors - don't know which one they use (left or right)
Hello,
I have same problem with my Ram 2010, I have to check the wheel sensor left or right, where's the fuse of that's sensor?
Please!

Regards
Dony

Quick Reply: ESP/BAS/ABS Error