4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

After market brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:39 AM
RAMULAK
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldjeep
Not that I've seen. Ceramics work great once they are warmed up, but cold performance is not good.
That is why I like the Adaptive 1 pads. I am already having cold mornings here in upper NH. Since I changed to the Adaptive 1's I have noticed they stop better than the stocks ones I replaced. My stok pads still had plenty of pad left but it felt like they needed changing. they just were not stopping as well after 50,000 miles. So I changed the front ones. I am doing the rears this weekend. So it should be even better with all 4 changed over. Did I mention almost NO brake dust like had with the stock ones too. which is awesome when cleaning the truck.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAMULAK
That is why I like the Adaptive 1 pads. I am already having cold mornings here in upper NH. Since I changed to the Adaptive 1's I have noticed they stop better than the stocks ones I replaced. My stok pads still had plenty of pad left but it felt like they needed changing. they just were not stopping as well after 50,000 miles. So I changed the front ones. I am doing the rears this weekend. So it should be even better with all 4 changed over. Did I mention almost NO brake dust like had with the stock ones too. which is awesome when cleaning the truck.
Do you have the NAPA part numbers to the pads you installed...?

Quick Reply: After market brake pads