4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

soft push in dent removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012 | 11:12 AM
Atomic Dog
|
Professional
Default soft push in dent removal

So the wife dented my truck about 10 minutes ago. It's one of those push in dents that I know will pop right out. It's on the bed in the rear and no body lines affected. Well I made it 3k miles with it being like newy new. She stalled her bike and fell slowly into the truck, the bike really didn't touch the car, her shoulder pushed the panel. it covers an area maybe 8x12.

Plunger? maybe a couple small suction cups? I am sure people here have experience with this. I am sure anything will work, but I would rather try the best way first.

ps. No I did not kill her. I just shook my head. Not worth blowing a gasket over. Too early for beer. Oh well.

Old 11-03-2012 | 11:18 AM
706jim
Veteran

I'd go to one of those paintless dent repair places rather than experiment on a brand new truck.

Old 11-03-2012 | 11:28 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

I also recommend Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) as it is usually cheap and quick

Old 11-04-2012 | 10:09 AM
RAMULAK
Captain

How high up? Can't you just crawl under the truck and stick your arm up in there and push it out? I can get to almost my whole rear panel from under the truck. you might have to pull the liner if it is right over the tire..
I have some plate glass handling suction cups. Just make sure the panel is super clean if you use a suction cup....If not big, you could use a GPS windshield mount or something....Maybe....or pay to have it done.
Hey at least it is broken in now......
My wife dents everything she drives. Number one reason whey she drives nothing that I own.

Old 11-04-2012 | 10:27 AM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker

Have a PDR professional take care of it. One dent like that should be less than $50.

Rob

Old 11-04-2012 | 01:14 PM
RAMULAK
Captain

Sad how these new cars and trucks dent so easily now days. Heck, mine dented just because I looked at it too hard.

Old 11-04-2012 | 04:58 PM
gutty96
Veteran

Originally Posted by RAMULAK
Sad how these new cars and trucks dent so easily now days. Heck, mine dented just because I looked at it too hard.
Oh ya, I have already had to pay for PDR on my drivers door. Also, I put a big dent in the corner of the rear bumper (and cracked the paint) when I slid on ice backing into the garage and caught the corner.

Hell, with my Sierra I used to back up until I bumped the end of the garage, then pulled a few inches forward. Never put a dent in that bumper. But, that was the easiest way without a back up cam like the RAM has.

Old 11-05-2012 | 03:44 PM
Atomic Dog
|
Professional

Originally Posted by RAMULAK
How high up? Can't you just crawl under the truck and stick your arm up in there and push it out? I can get to almost my whole rear panel from under the truck. you might have to pull the liner if it is right over the tire..
I have some plate glass handling suction cups. Just make sure the panel is super clean if you use a suction cup....If not big, you could use a GPS windshield mount or something....Maybe....or pay to have it done.
Hey at least it is broken in now......
My wife dents everything she drives. Number one reason whey she drives nothing that I own.
No guts no glory (isn't that Ram's slogan?). I actually did just this. Crawlwd under and punched it from behind. Now just a couple tiny ripples...with a white truck they are almost invisible

...and my wife is still alive...

Old 11-07-2012 | 10:10 AM
RAMULAK
Captain

Should have had your wife do it......lol.

Quick Reply: soft push in dent removal