4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Uconnect Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012 | 09:46 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by gfather
Hey guys,

Just bought a 2011 1500 big horn and tried using the phone/blue tooth today and received a message that its not installed. What do I need to get this working? The radio I think I have is a RES if that helps. If you know the part numbers that would be great.

On a side note, love the truck!!!!

Thanks in advance!
Gfather,

If you'd like me to review this for you, you can PM me your VIN# for further review.

Congratulations on your new Ram. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Old 12-26-2012 | 09:26 AM
ptram
Default Uconnect

It may be that your truck is not equipped with the Uconnect and you will have to have the module added which will be a big expense. But since your raido has the Uconnect switch it is possible to do this. My best advice would be to take it to a local dealer who should be able to tell you what is going on and how to operate it or if you need to add it to your truck.

I just bought a 2012 new Quad Big Horn about 3 weeks ago and it has the Uconnect Voice Command w Bluetooth--(code RSP for that). I went to a dealer (not where I bought it) and asked for the "build order" and they printed it up for me and it shows everything in your truck. A service writer should do this for you although I am not sure they all will do it.

Last edited by ptram; 12-26-2012 at 09:53 AM. Reason: added information
Old 12-26-2012 | 11:35 AM
Ironhead
Professional

When I purchased my truck it didn't have the uconnect module but the radio had the uconnect button, had the dealer install it as part of my purchase package. The module plugs into the back of the radio. The dealer also installed the mike which he put on the A-pillar.

Old 12-26-2012 | 12:18 PM
xsdbs
Captain

you'll need the Mopar kit PN 82212159 and the optional iPod / USB cable PN 82212160. About $300 for both online. After you do the install, then you'll need to take the truck to the dealer for flashing it to code "RSP", call around and you'll find a dealer that'll do it for about $50. (some will want to charge $100).

Hey guys,

Just bought a 2011 1500 big horn and tried using the phone/blue tooth today and received a message that its not installed. What do I need to get this working? The radio I think I have is a RES if that helps. If you know the part numbers that would be great.

On a side note, love the truck!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-26-2012 | 01:45 PM
gfather
|

Originally Posted by xsdbs
you'll need the Mopar kit PN 82212159 and the optional iPod / USB cable PN 82212160. About $300 for both online. After you do the install, then you'll need to take the truck to the dealer for flashing it to code "RSP", call around and you'll find a dealer that'll do it for about $50. (some will want to charge $100).

Thanks

Couple questions though - the part number you listed shows its for a jeep etc, I know its mopar but will that work with my dodge? Also, how will I know if I have the MIC set up to use the bluetooth?

Old 12-27-2012 | 09:54 AM
xsdbs
Captain

That kit will work on your Ram also, both vehicles are High Speed CAN BUS networks.
If you don't have the Uconnect in the vehicle already, you won't have the mic either. With Uconnect installed, the mic would be mounted in the rear view mirror. The kit comes with a mic that will mount to the drivers "A" pillar, near the visor.

Thanks

Couple questions though - the part number you listed shows its for a jeep etc, I know its mopar but will that work with my dodge? Also, how will I know if I have the MIC set up to use the bluetooth?

Old 12-27-2012 | 10:41 AM
gfather
|

Perfect, thanks for the help! I have a 300 foot driveway and this AM we received about 1.5 feet if not more. The RAM took it like a champ and didnt spin at all. Was impressed!

Old 12-30-2012 | 03:14 PM
rewindgy

I picked up a 2010 with a RER radio with a bunch of buttons. I can't find a mic and when you press the phone button it states nothing is connected? The Ford dealer I bought it from took it to their sister Dodge dealer to get the nav replaced so - do you think it just needs to be flashed or is it probably missing the parts? Or is there an after market mic set up that can be installed? And it is a Canadian model. I got the build sheet and it doesn't say anything about the mic / voice command thingie?

Old 01-02-2013 | 11:52 AM
xsdbs
Captain

you'll need the mic kit and after installing it you need to go into the settings menu to activate Uconnect.
http://www.leeparts.com/dodge_ram_ds...phone_kit.html

Originally Posted by rewindgy
I picked up a 2010 with a RER radio with a bunch of buttons. I can't find a mic and when you press the phone button it states nothing is connected? The Ford dealer I bought it from took it to their sister Dodge dealer to get the nav replaced so - do you think it just needs to be flashed or is it probably missing the parts? Or is there an after market mic set up that can be installed? And it is a Canadian model. I got the build sheet and it doesn't say anything about the mic / voice command thingie?

Old 01-02-2013 | 01:32 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rewindgy
Rewindgy,

Congratulations on your purchase. If you'd like to PM me your VIN#, I can double check to see if the Bluetooth feature was factory installed on the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Uconnect Question