4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aluminum Retractable Tonneau Covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:56 PM
SubRammer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum Retractable Tonneau Covers

I know there have been a million and one tonneau cover threads but I have not seen any that address the two choices I am deciding between. I am considering the the retractable aluminum covers produced by Rollbak and Truck Covers USA, but I haven't found much in the way of reviews or feedback on the products. If anyone has any experience with either the products themselves or the companies I would very much appreciate some input.

Here are the sites for the two companies.

http://www.truckcoversusa.com/index.htm

http://www.rollbaktonneaucover.com/

Old 04-21-2010, 01:49 AM
firedude

i just ordered the retractable one from bak two days ago. after looking at them all i like how it sits flush and jsut really how it looked. the only part that sucks is sinking 2 or 4 screws into the bedrails

Old 06-22-2013, 02:54 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain

Pics?

Old 06-24-2013, 06:26 PM
lelikmed
Amateur

I bought RetraxPro fro my 2012 Ram 3500 HD Dually 8 ft bed. Looks awesome. Installed myself - was not easy - result is splendid. Looks shinny.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:14 PM
skytop111

I paid about $1200 before tax for a rollback on an 8' bed on an F350. After a while, it started to jam and I then started to prefer not using it to avoid the hassle. Went into town twice to get it adjusted but it would still jam. I am not paying that kind of cash ever again for a 'fancy' tonneau cover ever again.
Also, many people have a short bed these days and one must remember the loss of some storage space from the roll up housing.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:06 AM
lelikmed
Amateur

Originally Posted by skytop111
I paid about $1200 before tax for a rollback on an 8' bed on an F350. After a while, it started to jam and I then started to prefer not using it to avoid the hassle. Went into town twice to get it adjusted but it would still jam. I am not paying that kind of cash ever again for a 'fancy' tonneau cover ever again.
Also, many people have a short bed these days and one must remember the loss of some storage space from the roll up housing.
I know Retrax are very well made. Lifetime warranty . I m not sure what brand did you buy though. It takes around one foot of storage space. Awesome for fifth wheel towing and can be locked at any position if you carrying tall objects onboard.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:13 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain

How long ago, rails needed adjustment, new system is supposed to be better, we will see!

Old 07-01-2013, 08:17 AM
lelikmed
Amateur

I just hate vinyl covers - they fade away in a sun and vinyl crack after 1 year.

Quick Reply: Aluminum Retractable Tonneau Covers