4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Compliments.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013 | 08:18 PM
RAMULAK
|
Captain
Default Compliments.

OK So I know that there are a lot of complaints about this or that not working on our trucks, so I figured I would put up a more positive post.
Today I got not one, but two compliments on my truck. Made me feel pretty good about the condition I keep my truck in. One compliment was while I was bringing a load of stuff to the dump. An older gentleman asked why I would use my brand new truck to bring trash to the dump. When I told him the truck was over 5 years old he had to take a closer look. I let him sit inside and he loved the truck. Of course I had to listen to his stories of old Dodge pickup trucks he had as a younger man. BTW he was driving a Camry...Lol. The second one was just about an hour later at the post office when a couple of high school kids walked by and just said "Nice Truck" and kept on walking by....So any way my 'ol truck is still getting looks. More than I can say about myself......Sigh.

So? Do you guys still get compliments on your Gen 4 trucks?

Old 11-20-2013 | 10:18 PM
kddsRam
Veteran

Yep, seem to get a lot of compliments, even from techs at dealership, including a local ford dealer ! The deepwater blue sport still looks new after a washing and wheel shine from car wash. Mine is an early build 09 ( 12/08 ) with 97k and idles quiet, runs its a$$ off with this superchips tune and custom trans program. Definately a keeper, lifetime powertrain warranty, and because of this N08 recall, has a rebuilt rear cause the pinion nut was loose.

Old 11-21-2013 | 08:57 AM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker

Yep, lots on mine too. Always have. The Deepwater Blue looks very nice when clean and since I keep my truck in good condition people tend to think it is new. The 4th Gen trucks are good looking and eye catching.

Rob

Old 11-21-2013 | 07:55 PM
bluebeast1562
Veteran

Yeap, get a lot of looks and compliments. Today was at Fort Benning picking up my son and right before the ceremony, an older guy walks up and says, nice truck, how to you like it? As far as negative stuff, I cannot think of any thing at this point. I love my truck, looks sharp, drives great.

Quick Reply: Compliments.