4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Doors keep locking

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2023, 10:28 AM
2017ramlimited
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Ram Limited Locks Keep Locking with a TWIST

New to me 2017 Ram Limited. Went thru car wash (not the first time) . Upon exit the locks start locking on own. Even though already locked, there is a click in dash lower left below steering wheel then locks try to lock even though already locked, and. Now driver side only lock/unlock does not work. Windoes and mirrors still work.

Read all the great posts. Tried disconnect battery to reset. Didnt work. Tried all the setting in uconnect. HERES THE TWIST. Came to realize that if I shut headlights completely off, it stops trying to lock constantly though buttons still dont work on arm rest. Turn headlights on, it starts again.

Also, pulled the f12 fuse for power locks. Entered truck with hard key, horn blasts, get in start truck truck, horn stops, locks of course are dormant, but there is still the click in dash lower left near e-brake.

Looked at lock buttons on outside door handles and they appear to spring in and out ok but cant rwally test them since truck locks immediately on own.

The control mechanisms make aense as culprit but the turning off of headlights to stop the constant lock, lock, lock, is strange . Anyone have any ideas?

Old 12-23-2023, 01:09 PM
aleekat
Veteran
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

I've seen a bad neutral safety switch cause this. Truck doesn't know what gear it's in.

Old 12-23-2023, 02:28 PM
2017ramlimited
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aleekat
I've seen a bad neutral safety switch cause this. Truck doesn't know what gear it's in.
please explain! I Was in neutral while going through car wash and power locks issue started as soon as I went back into drive to exitcarwash, then the locks started goin nuts. The issue happens now whether I am in park. Neutral, or drive . How is the NSS affecting the locks?

Old 12-23-2023, 03:16 PM
aleekat
Veteran
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Normally put the truck in drive locks lock. Into park, they unlock. Truck doesn't know what gear it's in.

Quick Reply: Doors keep locking