4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

remote start options?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 11:11 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by rengnath
Correct that DBall no longer supports the 3x remote start. You'll want to look in to the 4x10 module from Doug instead, as this is what replaced the Dball. I've installed these systems on 3 Rams so far with the tharness and it was a breeze. For an easier installation, I didn't hook up the door pin switch and instead of tapping in to the parking lights at the BCM, I did it at the switch. My 14 Sport has the alpine system and the amp blocks access to the BCM. I worked with a user on another forum and Directed tech support confirmed that the door pin/rap off wire wouldn't affect the remote start.

As for the Directed RSR units, I love them. They can't be beat for the price or ease of install, and for anyone with the proximety key that didnt get remote start from the factory, going aftermarket is our only option. The only issue I encountered with the units was when I had SmartStart installed. I WOULD NOT recommend the SmartStart add on. I fried the ports on 2 Dball modules when using SmartStart, with no warning until one day it didn't work. After I removed the SmartStart from that vehicle, I never had another issue.
Bobby!! WTF have you been, man?? You and bolt now in the big boy (Ram) club together. Good to have you back!

Old 12-17-2014, 11:30 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Bobby!! WTF have you been, man?? You and bolt now in the big boy (Ram) club together. Good to have you back!
Graduated college, got a big boy job, got rid of the girlfriend, and traded in the 200 for a new boat and truck (actually this is the second Ram, owned a 13 Express for 360 days) .... I must say, I like the boat and truck more than I liked her. Good to be back my friend!

Old 07-14-2015, 10:43 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just installed a Fortin EVO CHRT4... order from ebay for $89.99 plus shipping. I got it 2 days after ordering and install took all of 20 minutes! The seller I ordered from programmed it before shipping. Simply plug and play! 3x lock starts right up! 3x more and it will shut off

Old 07-21-2015, 02:33 PM
bikedad

I bought this unit for my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn. The seller pre-flashed it for me but I actually bought the flash cable for future changes if I chose to turn on other features.(which I haven't yet. LOL)
Took me all of 15 minutes to install and program for my key. Most of that time was spent waiting for the garage heater to warm up the cab enough for me to work due to it being 0 deg in Winter in Wisconsin. (Hence why I wanted the remote start )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWBGB54?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWBGB54?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Old 07-22-2015, 05:30 PM
dwaldmann
Professional

Originally Posted by bikedad
Most of that time was spent waiting for the garage heater to warm up the cab enough for me to work due to it being 0 deg in Winter in Wisconsin. (Hence why I wanted the remote start )
So, it was warm that day, huh?

I park in a garage at home, which usually stays at a min of about 25*, but after sitting outside all day at work when it doesn't get above 0* all day it sure is nice to start up 5 minutes before leaving, and having not only the engine warming up, but also the heated seat and steering wheel

And of course, in the summer, when the interior is 120* at the end of a sunny day it sure is nice to have the AC started and the ventilated seat cooling off that black leather before plopping down on it...

Quick Reply: remote start options?