4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2015 Ram rust & flaking paint on pinch weld

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 05:46 PM
kmgrubbswvu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on New Ram Purchase/Rusting

Here's photos of the bubbling paint as well. Is this also an indication of rust?

Chrysler has agreed to address the issue but the dealership cannot get to it until next month. I've taken it to a second dealership to see if they can address it sooner. My concern is that I'm going to have rust issues moving forward now, anytime the smallest paint chip occurs. Have technologies/processes improved enough that existing rust can truly be addressed? I wash my vehicles weekly and wax every few months. I just want to know if I'm fighting a losing battle

with this new vehicle.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:12 PM
FireFighter
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good gawd. Some of these pics are ridiculous, not meaning from the poster but of the indications on new rigs.

I just bought a new 2015 Big Horn, haven't even seen the truck yet (in person), going to pick up tomorrow at stealership.....you can bet I will be going every inch of it before I drive off that lot.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:09 PM
Dusty48
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pull Ya
My opinion---should it happen-NO, does it happen-YES, often-YES, am I going to quit buying Rams-NO, am I going to take it back and tell them to fix it or I'll call daddy-NO. I just paid $50k and i'm pissed cause my truck ain't perfect. I'm going to fix it myself so I know it's done right. Should I have to-NO but I will. If I want perfect i'll call Foose, oh wait, his cars/trucks can cost a million dollars, but I bet they don't rust. Your truck was built on an assembly line by people that drink and smoke pot on their breaks(some not all). QC has long since vanished and IMHO it ain't going to get better anytime soon.
Jay
The items noted in the pictures are the harmonic dampeners. They are iron, not steel and are not painted or finished. Due to rust, they will fail in about 400 years. As to the rust on the driveshaft, better take a look at competitive trucks. Driveshafts have been unfinished and rusting since the dawn of the automobile, and not to any detriment.

Regards,
Dusty

Quick Reply: 2015 Ram rust & flaking paint on pinch weld