4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Member From Eastern WA State

Old 05-16-2015, 08:48 PM
RetiredLE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member From Eastern WA State

Greetings to all,

Newbie here from Eastern WA. I currently own a 2011 Dodge Ram Longhorn with four wheel drive and the diesel motor. I have been a long time Mopar fan. I have owned two 1970 big block Dodge Challengers along with a 1970 Charger. I sold the first Challenger and the second one went on the block to pay for the third wife's engagement ring...

My 2010 Challenger RT was sold so we could qualify for our new house. Hindsight being what it is...

Anyway, no stranger to the Dodge brand. I am here now to obtain some info regarding the installation of a winch on my car hauler which my truck is set up to tow - but that will wait until I find the proper section of this site.

That's it in a nutshell for now.

Take care and enjoy what's left of spring!

Mike

Old 05-16-2015, 09:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Hopefully there's a lot of spring left before we get into the hot, humid weather summer has been bringing of late. Well, here in the midwest anyway.

Welcome to DF!

Put a battery on the trailer for the winch. You can slow-charge it off the power feed thru the trailer harness, but, don't try and run it with that powering it. Good way to set things on fire.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:23 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to DF!

Old 05-17-2015, 02:13 PM
RetiredLE

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Put a battery on the trailer for the winch. You can slow-charge it off the power feed thru the trailer harness, but, don't try and run it with that powering it. Good way to set things on fire.
Good idea. I think that's the way I am going to go. Is there a wiring harness adapter I can buy that will plug into the truck and charge the battery while the trailer is hooked up? I do have two adapters on the back, the round one that I use when the trailer is attached and the flat older series one.

Note: I guess I should probably open a new thread to address all these technical details.....

Last edited by RetiredLE; 05-17-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:14 PM
RetiredLE

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Welcome to DF!
Thanks for the welcome!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member From Eastern WA State