4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Parking brake cable seems loose

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 09:12 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBlueEdge
Interesting. I'm sure that drag could have a real effect on MPG.

If you find a good way to get the rotors off let me know. Short of breaking out the BFH and destroying the rotor while hammering it loose I couldn't come up with a way. A rubber mallet and WD-40 on the hub didn't cut it. I've had other vehicles where the rotor had a threaded hole in it where you could run in a bolt and break the corrosion free, but nothing like that on this truck's rotor.

Of course, with 80K on my truck, it probably wouldn't hurt to just spend them money for new parts and do the whole brake job back there. Then it wouldn't matter if I used the BFH.

Rob

I replaced my rotors once already at 102K (121K on the truck now), so I don't think getting them off will be an issue. If I want to reuse them then I typically hit them with a heavy rubber mallet, if not then a bfh.

Quick Reply: Parking brake cable seems loose