4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dashboard lights and engine error message in a 2014 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 01:28 PM
jkleer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard lights and engine error message in a 2014 Ram

I have a 2014 Ram Big Horn that's having some major issues. After I drive it between 10-15 miles my dashboard lights flicker on and off, then my traction control comes on, then low tires light comes on, then there's a steering wheel with an exclamation point next to it. Also while that's all going on messages come up and says service transmission and it starts shifting hard, service shifter, Service steering then my steering wheel gets tight. Has anyone else had this problem?

My dealership had my truck for 3 1/2 week and put a steering rack on it and it still kept doing it. I took it to the garage I usually use because the dealership kept putting me and they have been trying to find the problem.

Thanks

Joe

Old 10-23-2018, 03:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

You have a bad connection somewhere, or, a bad ground.

Old 07-21-2019, 11:16 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm certainly not an expert, but it would appear to me that those pesly sensors that are plugged into the BCM body control module which I am told is near the driver door piller would be the first place to look. I have a freiendly mechanic that can pull extended OBD codes for me that include codes from the BCM which are beyond my OBD reader. Figuring all of your problems cannot be mechanical... some of the issues have to be related to the BCM either connections to it or the box itself.

Was this truck in a flood or high water or have your windows down during a big rain anytime in the recent past?

Quick Reply: Dashboard lights and engine error message in a 2014 Ram