4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift issue

Old 03-23-2019, 02:57 PM
Stw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift issue

Curious to know if anyone has had a front drive safe issue after a lift kit. I have an 09 Ram 2500 ( no winters) last spring I had a BDS 8” lift installed to replace a crappy 6” lift. All went well and looks great except I had this small binding issue with the front shaft. Was told due to pitch. BDS offered an indexing kit which was installed as well as the xfer case lowering kit. Other than that I was told to have the front shaft modified to accept the angle? Don’t know how to even go about this. Since last summer the front shaft has been in my basement which btw is brand new. Any thoughts? Appreciate any help.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,166 Likes on 2,920 Posts

Welcome to DF.

You want to be in the fourth gen ram section.

As to your issue, the shaft needs to be clearanced where it pivots, to account for the high angle it is going to be operating at. But, if you are getting binding, in normal driving, I would expect a custom shaft is going to be about your only option.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lift issue