4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New member, ABS issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2024, 02:09 PM
iowatruckgirl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, ABS issues

Hello,
New to this forum and looking for help. I have a 2013 Ram Sport 4x4 with 161,000 miles. About 4 weeks ago when braking my truck felt like I was on ice and skidding slightly before stopping. I live in Iowa and those were the conditions, ok. Then the same feeling of sliding slightly and pulsating in the brake pedal only this time the roads were completely dry. Asked my mechanic about it, he said there's nothing he can do until I have a dash light on. It took 3 days but with consistent issues my ABS light and traction control finally came on. My mechanic replaced the ABS sensor because when he scanned the truck it wasn't registering. Got the truck back and about a week and a half later doing the same thing. I took it back and they fixed it. The SAME ABS sensor was bad so they replaced it under warranty. Literally as I was leaving the place the brakes pulsate again like I'm sliding on ice as I press on the brake. I call them because I couldn't turn around to go back. The person I talked to said he noticed that same sensation and the sound of the ABS engaging as he was test driving it but was unable to get "real life data". As I've read around on a few things that it could be a wheel speed sensor. I don't want to throw money at it and hope it works. Anyone have any advice? Almost every time I apply brakes the ABS sounds like it's engaging (little rumble/vibration) and I don't like it. This isn't how my truck has acted until this problem. I LOVE my truck and don't want to trade it for something new.

Thanks!!

Old 02-23-2024, 03:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,192 Likes on 2,945 Posts

Go back to the shop, see if it is once again the same sensor. If it is, then they are missing something somewhere. Either a bad connection somewhere, or a bad module.

Welcome to DF! Moving this to Fourth Gen Ram section for ya.

The following users liked this post:
iowatruckgirl (02-23-2024)

Quick Reply: New member, ABS issues