3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

06 Dakota Rt rear blinker

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:14 AM
EastTN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Dakota Rt rear blinker

The right rear turn signal does not blink. Whenever I make a right turn I get a fast blinking sound. The front works fine, except it flashes quickly. The rear light does turn on when the headlights or brakes are on but does not blink. Same when the hazards are turned on. The other 3 lights work with the hazards, but not the right rear. I replaced the bulb, and the same thing happens. Actually I replaced it twice, since the new bulb comes in a twin pack. Any help is appreciated

Old 02-03-2012, 09:26 AM
norma jean
Captain

stupid question... positive they are the right bulb?

Old 02-03-2012, 12:20 PM
varnerhba
Veteran

Originally Posted by EastTN
The right rear turn signal does not blink. Whenever I make a right turn I get a fast blinking sound. The front works fine, except it flashes quickly. The rear light does turn on when the headlights or brakes are on but does not blink. Same when the hazards are turned on. The other 3 lights work with the hazards, but not the right rear. I replaced the bulb, and the same thing happens. Actually I replaced it twice, since the new bulb comes in a twin pack. Any help is appreciated
dido check the bulb number what do u have? 3157?

Originally Posted by norma jean
stupid question... positive they are the right bulb?

no question is a stupid question, some people arent familiar with wiring, vehicles or cars as some of us are, i could of said the same thing to alot of your threads, but i didnt, we are all here for help so watch it....its comments like that, that will push people away and you never know he could benefit all of us with some of his knowledge or willingness to spend his money with the help of other people's suggestments or whatever. I know I went to a forum one time, they dissed my post and I started a big deal and left. the guy has one post man comon....

Last edited by varnerhba; 02-03-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:25 PM
norma jean
Captain

Originally Posted by varnerhba
most likely your bulb is about to go out fully, most likely need to replace the one in the rear, should replace all of them at the same time.
check your bulb number im almost poisitive it should be a 3157, replace all your bulbs first and you should be golden, like 3 bucks a set at your local autoparts store, unless you want LED's.

no question is a stupid question, some people arent familiar with wiring, vehicles or cars as some of us are, i could of said the same thing to alot of your threads, but i didnt, we are all here for help so watch it....its comments like that, that will push people away and you never know he could benefit all of us with some of his knowledge or willingness to spend his money with the help of other people's suggestments or whatever. I know I went to a forum one time, they dissed my post and I started a big deal and left. the guy has one post man comon....
sorry, didnt mean to come off as mean, my fault for wording it wrong

Old 02-03-2012, 12:54 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He meant he was asking a stupid question..not that the thread was a stupid question. Don't be so aggressive..

Old 02-03-2012, 01:20 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by EastTN
East,

Welcome aboard. I would tend to lean to the fact of it being a bulb as well and would also like to know what is the number bulb you used to replace the one that was not working?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:28 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does the.new bulb ever work when you install it? The others blink faster because there is less resistance in the circuit. So its gotta be something with that socket or bulb type. You could switch the tail lights around just to test to see if its not in the wireing or canbus, if your other side works all hooked up then it must be the socket or bulb type.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:30 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I understood perfectly, varner is special.. or high.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:57 PM
varnerhba
Veteran

Originally Posted by FrenicX
I understood perfectly, varner is special.. or high.
**** now i feel like an *******, sorry norma i am high hope you accept my apology

Old 02-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

Dude, really? When somebody goes off on someone like that (especially over a misunderstanding) around here (where I live), we take em out to a field set them straight...... Congratulations, It takes a lot to set me off and you just did it in 30 seconds

I got what you were putting down...

**** now i feel like an *******, sorry norma i am high hope you accept my apology
You should.....at least you apologized.

Quick Reply: 06 Dakota Rt rear blinker