Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

For Sell ! 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 11:13 PM
walkercooncorso
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For Sell ! 4x4

what state are you in?

Old 05-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Shawn86
Professional

I've gotta say that it is a damn clean truck. But with todays gas prices, I doubt you'll find anyone who wants to spend anymore than a couple grand on it. What kind of mileage is it getting, can't be anymore than 8! At this point, if its paid off, take the buss to work and save your money. Buy a beater car, get the trans fixed and you've got yourself a new kick *** weekend warrior! Your in the same boat I am, behind on bills, tranns going out and no money. Trust me, find yourself a beater for 500 bux that you can fix up and drive to work and back, thats it.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Justinfl87

Thanks for the compliments on the truck, not sure about the front bumper it came on the truck two years ago when I first purchased it. The trannys I was looking at were on ebay, most are around $850, there are a couple of guys around my area thatll throw one in for around $350-400. Im sure I could pick one up at a u-pull it for 5 to 6. I live in Florida Near Pensacola. Its getting a little over 10mpg highway, but all the stop and go started putting gas reciepts where I used to have money. But like I said lessons definitly learned, Im trying to go military but I cant have bad credit and owe all this money before I leave.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Justinfl87

about the Jet Chip being a paper weight, this truck weighs over 7000lbs even if it gave me the 10hp it claims its not like you would feel a difference. That being besides the point I picked it up off a guy who didnt know the Jeep Grand Cherokees used the same chip and snagged it cheap. But it does make a difference on the shifting.. proof being one week after having it my tranny filter was clogged, one week after I changed it the whole thing goes out.. I got one for sale if anyone wants one

Old 05-23-2008, 12:19 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

One of the guys on here with the famous Indy Rams tried the JET chip out. Increased his times, did not lower it. And if I remember correctly, the chip also caused his truck to randomly die.

But even if I am wrong on that second part, its still not worth it in our trucks. I've heard of some vehicles benefiting from the things, but not ours.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:23 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honeslty while that is a really nice looking truck the market for someone who would want something like that is super duper low. I bet you would really have a hard time getting anywhere close to what nada says it's worth. Not sure you would even get what it says if you had a good transmission. Mods like that which make it mostly useless for most people don't help the value at all and usually hurt the value unless you just happen to find someone that wants something exactly like that. I think you would be better to get a transmission to put in it and try to sell it with a good transmission than you would trying to sell it with a bad transmission.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:06 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trucks simply aren't like Harleys in which case aftermarket parts do increase the value. It's like hometheatreman says, with gas prices the way they are, and with a huge lift on that sucker who in their right mind has the money for a truck like that with a bad trans. Lifted trucks are cool, but they are for a certain group of people.

Quick Reply: For Sell ! 4x4