Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

need hlp plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:46 PM
whiteram00
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need hlp plz

sounds like the terminals on the back on the speaker is toching the door,had that happen while switching out my door speakers last week,good luck

Old 06-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Captain Pioneer
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried the Bluetooth feature on the Pioneer Units? I have on the Alpines and Kenwoods... Huge difference there... Alpines = Great Bluetooth capability... Kenwood = much to be desired even connection was distorted.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:43 PM
highline9
Rookie

Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner. I observed this to be my only problem before I read this, and wrapped everything with electrical tape. So far no problems. I cringe every time I hit a bump though. Thank-you all for the help, I really do appreciate it. Although this was not a major issue, when you drive 65 miles one way to work, it sux to be in the silent.

ORIGINAL: whiteram00

sounds like the terminals on the back on the speaker is toching the door,had that happen while switching out my door speakers last week,good luck

Old 06-27-2007, 06:11 PM
whiteram00
Captain

glad u got it fixed,know the feeling of a long drive to work without sound,but now it aint to bad,only about 8 miles from work now

Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Captain Pioneer
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Captain Pioneer

check the depth of the door speakers if they are touching the back of the door u are intercepting the signal from the HU... if they pop and then dont play there might be some more serious problems at play... remove them and check and see if you can send sound through them from a home stereo system... if u cannot hear music then thats ur problem and ur speakers are fried... highly unlikely might i add... if they work then take another speaker (1 that is not from the truck install and wire it up and see if it plays... if u get the same pop noise again it could be your HU or wires in between. Then pull the HU out and check to see if any wires came loose or undone and are grounding or touching other wires... Good luck with that

That was my first suggestion to fix the problem... Glad you finally got it set.