Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

BEst subs

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 03:39 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BEst subs

ive have heard good thigna bout rockford fosgate. i wonder if their 12" sounds as good as ur 10". u are onyl running one sub rite? is the box bandpass or ported or what?

Old 10-30-2004, 08:38 PM
heR/Truck
All Star

I have R/F amps and caps in my truck and a JL Audio 10W7. Both companies are good at what they do, but I have to give JL more credit for their subs.

Old 10-31-2004, 10:13 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

ive have heard good thigna bout rockford fosgate. i wonder if their 12" sounds as good as ur 10". u are onyl running one sub rite? is the box bandpass or ported or what?
Yes I only have one. The box is not ported. Actually I would liek to get a new box because the one I have was from my chevy truck that I pulled out when I got rid of it. It still sounds good in my car, but I am sure if I got a better box it would sound better. Sometime I have to turn the sub down because it will over power the rest of the music.

Old 11-04-2004, 09:36 PM
LINTS aka pocket dust
Rookie

I have only ever owned JL audio subs and there great... I have 1 in a ported box in the back of my car (beater) and one day when the cash is available i would like to put a custom stealthbox enclosure under the front seat of the Ram so i can still utilize the rear bench underseat storage... but ive been saying that for 2 years now so who knows how soon ill actually get them.. However rockford would be my second choice if i had to give up on JL. I use a rockford amp to push the sub in my car..

Old 11-04-2004, 10:03 PM
heR/Truck
All Star

Just letting you know, my husband has owned a car audio shop in the town we live in for the last 10 years. He would be more then happy to help you with info or prices if the need should arise.

Old 11-05-2004, 02:14 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: heR/Truck

Just letting you know, my husband has owned a car audio shop in the town we live in for the last 10 years. He would be more then happy to help you with info or prices if the need should arise.

well tahnx for teh offer, i will keep that in midn fro when teh time comes closer.

Old 11-17-2004, 02:57 AM
xmax1
Rookie
Default RE: Best subs?

No such thing as "BEST SUB". Not every sub will work in every application. I've had JL Audio (way over rated by the public). The loudest subs I've owned to date is Shocker Audio. The best sounding subs I've had are my DD 9512's. Best bang for the buck is probably the Pioneer IMPP subs.

The JL w7 subs are good performers, but made for rich people.$$$$$ Over a grand for a 13" sub? They must be nuts!

Here's my list for great subs at reasonible prices.

DD Audio
ATOMIC Loudspeakers
Resonant Engineering
Massive Audio
Pioneer IMPP (for non competitors)
Adire Audio
TREO ( on the pricey side)

Old 11-28-2004, 03:55 PM
sikpuppy
Professional
Default RE: Best subs?

Currently, the subs that have gathered more COMPETITION awards are the Kicker L7 series. I know that most people don't like a square speaker but the competition wins speak for themselves plus they don't cost an arm and a leg. I bought one just to see if they are as good as Kicker thinks and I have to agree. Mine kicks butt, sounds great, and only cost $425.00 in a factory built, ported and tuned box. I have it linked to a Kicker 350.2 amp running mono and the bench test on it verified it is putting out an actual 398 watts rms @ .01 THD. Good thump and with the included remote variable level control that comes with the amp makes it real easy to keep things in balance.

Old 12-02-2004, 02:40 PM
waterbug1999
Rookie

It all depends bro.. Do you have room in a car(like in a trunk) or small space in a truck (like under or behind a seat). Different subs like small enclosures, some subs like a lot of space, some like ported (more cubes). All depends on your application. I have had a pair of competion sony subs (1000 watt 10's )for the last 5 years and they sound damn good. These only require .6 cubic feet for air space, so i can fit them under my rear seat in a small box.
So, dont go buy a sub that requires 1.3 cubes when your space only gives you .8 or so.. Just my .02 (2 cents)

Old 12-07-2004, 11:26 PM
wismer

I have a single dual voice coil 10" Alpine Type R sub and it is the best sub i think for the money, and it really pounds

Quick Reply: BEst subs