Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

BEst subs

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 05:18 AM
blue92
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BEst subs

JBL GTi. I heard one of these next to a JL 12w7 in a store, both in custom enclosures from their mfg. and both from the same amp(600w I think) and the JBL was the clear winner.

Old 12-12-2004, 07:37 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want to include sound, clearness, all out bass and how long a sub lasts. 12" JL W7's. I got one JL w3 and its all i need......................

Old 01-19-2005, 05:03 AM
83blazerlayedout

1) jbl sucks *** 2) jl audio w7 is a cometition sub... not meant for normal use. its a sub thats meant for spl NOT SQ. there really is no sub that is the BEST... any sub will hit good as long as its powered right and is in the right box... u have a small sealed box for some 10s, get some subs that work good in sealed boxes.... some subs dont reccommend that u use sealed and only ported..... just do your homework on the specs and u can figure it out from there......

Old 01-19-2005, 06:37 AM
blue92

[quote]ORIGINAL: 83blazerlayedout

1) jbl sucks *** 2) jl audio w7 is a cometition sub... not meant for normal use.

1) Try saying JBL sucks on a real audio forum, you might learn a thing or two. 2) Not meant for normal use? You mean they won't play music??

Old 01-19-2005, 02:12 PM
83blazerlayedout

well they obviously do play music, i never said that they dont. but jl audio made those subs FOR competitions, pure spl is what those subs are made for. yes they do play music real well but thats not what the subs play best thats all. they are just not as clear as most other subs that are meant for sq are. so if you BIG into sq then w7 isnt the sub to have. no i dont have any reccomendations or anything because ive dealt with alot of subs that sound awesome, but thats all i was saying. and as for a REAL audio forum...... being on a dodge website to talk about audio isnt a real audio forum, im sorry.

Old 01-20-2005, 03:45 AM
casper
Legend

All I have to say is for bump to buck cadence beast master win.

Beast Masters

Old 02-17-2005, 05:45 AM
ngsm13

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

i have dual 12s, MTX, with a 3600W MTX amp. it Booms. ported box.
There is no such thing as an MTX 3600watt amp...yeah...
ORIGINAL: 83blazerlayedout

1) jbl sucks *** 2) jl audio w7 is a cometition sub... not meant for normal use. its a sub thats meant for spl NOT SQ. there really is no sub that is the BEST... any sub will hit good as long as its powered right and is in the right box... u have a small sealed box for some 10s, get some subs that work good in sealed boxes.... some subs dont reccommend that u use sealed and only ported..... just do your homework on the specs and u can figure it out from there......
You are dumb
ORIGINAL: 83blazerlayedout

well they obviously do play music, i never said that they dont. but jl audio made those subs FOR competitions, pure spl is what those subs are made for. yes they do play music real well but thats not what the subs play best thats all. they are just not as clear as most other subs that are meant for sq are. so if you BIG into sq then w7 isnt the sub to have. no i dont have any reccomendations or anything because ive dealt with alot of subs that sound awesome, but thats all i was saying. and as for a REAL audio forum...... being on a dodge website to talk about audio isnt a real audio forum, im sorry.
You are even dumber...

The W7 is considered to be the EPITOME of SQ subwoofers. They were made with one thing in mind, sound qaulity. A side effect is the are loud as well.

And anyways, there are PLENTY of other subs out there that have EXCELLENT SQ and OUTPUT for a fraction of the price of the JL W7.
Any of the subs listed will outperform any of the subs listed thus far in this thread, period:
www.reaudio.com (call for direct pricing...XXX is considered a benchmark SQL subwoofer) All their lines are amazing!
www.soundsplinter.com Amazing woofers period
www.ascendantaudio.com Newer, offer the utmost in SQ available
www.incriminatoraudio.com Want loud? These subs are no joke, rediculously loud and they don't sound bad either!
www.stereointegrity.com Best subs I've ever owned, extreme SQ and Rediculous output!
www.edesignaudio.com Great, lower cost subwoofers...offer good packages. GREAT amplifiers!

peace

NG

Old 02-18-2005, 12:54 AM
xmax1
Rookie

The W7 is considered to be the EPITOME of SQ subwoofers. They were made with one thing in mind, sound qaulity. A side effect is the are loud as well.

And anyways, there are PLENTY of other subs out there that have EXCELLENT SQ and OUTPUT for a fraction of the price of the JL W7.

Any of the subs listed will outperform any of the subs listed thus far in this thread, period:
www.reaudio.com (call for direct pricing...XXX is considered a benchmark SQL subwoofer) All their lines are amazing!
www.soundsplinter.com Amazing woofers period
www.ascendantaudio.com Newer, offer the utmost in SQ available
www.incriminatoraudio.com Want loud? These subs are no joke, rediculously loud and they don't sound bad either!
www.stereointegrity.com Best subs I've ever owned, extreme SQ and Rediculous output!
www.edesignaudio.com Great, lower cost subwoofers...offer good packages. GREAT amplifiers!

peace

NG
[/quote] It all depends on what you want. The Resonant XXX is a very nice sub. Will it outperform a DD99xx sub? Maybe.....maybe not.

as I said earlier, there is NO BEST SUB......ever.

Is a 440+6 Challanger better than a Hemi Cuda?

Depends on what you like.

Old 02-18-2005, 09:54 PM
ngsm13

ORIGINAL: xmax1

It all depends on what you want. The Resonant XXX is a very nice sub. Will it outperform a DD99xx sub? Maybe.....maybe not.

as I said earlier, there is NO BEST SUB......ever.

Is a 440+6 Challanger better than a Hemi Cuda?

Depends on what you like.
Exactly, A thread stickied at www.caraudio.com says:
"1) There is NO best sub, no loudest sub, no best sounding sub period.
- ALL threads asking what the best sub is will either be deleted, or the thread starter publically ridiculed, and then deleted so that retorts are useless. Just because you're new does not mean you cease having higher brain functions. Use the search button.

2) How many DB's will you hit?
- Somewhere within the audible range of sound is your answer. Don't ask questions with infinite variables that are yet to be determined. Deleted on sight.

3) SubX vs SubY
- Do a search. Seriously. At least 100 threads on every possible sub.

4) Play nice.
- As the name suggests."

Wonderfully correct, HOWEVER...I do believe there are BETTER subs considering a person's application! (of course)

Also the RE XXX will murder the dd9500 in Sound Quality...and SPL...it's a toss-up way to many factors. In optimal conditions, I'd give SQ to the XXX and SPL to the 9500! peace

NG

Old 02-26-2005, 02:06 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JL has some nice subs. If you don't want to spend that much I would look at Kickers I'm not a fan of there low end comp series but the rest are good I like the Comp VR line a lot. I would stay away from Sony and Rockford Fosgate. Fosgate makes some of the best amps but there subs just don't compare to the competition. As for JBL they are pretty good I would pick a JL over a JBL but the JBL's arnt bad.

Quick Reply: BEst subs