Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Anyone run smaller subs (8's or one 10) in their Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 10:55 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by de8212
thanks for the reply dirtydog. What model truck are you putting the two 10's in? What amp/how much power?
2008 ram quad cab, I am going to be using all Infinity components which will be powered by my JBL GTO 750wattrms amp for the highs and for the subs, I have a JBL Crown series amp BPX1100.1 which runs right about 1200watts rms. It's a superb amp. I went over the top on my mustang for everything including RCA's. Monster cable PRO-XLN's, Stinger 1/0ga wire, best distro blocks....etc
Don't get yourself thinking you need all that. If a sub is all you want, get yourself a brand name 4ga. power kit, a middle of the line sub(s) and spend more money on the amp. If you need 600watts continuous(rms) to power your subs, then you really want to get atleast a 600rms amp. You never want to get an amp that doesn't provide the speaker with the power it needs. That will make any speaker sound crappy. The harder you make the amp work, the more distortion you will hear out of your speakers.
Now, if a single 10" sub is all you want, I have a 10" kicker Solobaric. I'm pretty sure it's an s10d-4 model. Mint! JBL BP 300.1 monoblock amp 300watts rms. The sub is mounted in a small sealed snclosure that I had behind the middle seat of my reg cab silverado. box dimensions are 8" deep on bottom/5" deep on top and 13"wide by 15"tall. Sounded great. Let me know if interested.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

amen to what dirty dog just said. he's absolutely correct on that all.

Quick Reply: Anyone run smaller subs (8's or one 10) in their Ram?