Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

No sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 04:03 PM
audioaddict
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know of any Infinity systems that were amped indifidually. Usually you'll only see that with Bose systems on some Nissans and Acuras. Inifinity is usually a single amplifier. Easy way to check is to take a digital volt meter, take off your door panel and meter the the wires going to the speaker. Set it to AC, you should see the voltage rise and fall with the volume of the music if the amp is working correctly. If there is no audio going to the speakers, it's your amp. I can do a little research to see if I have any tech sheets for the ram and how to bypass the infinity amp when i get to work tomorrow.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Big_B
Rookie

Originally Posted by audioaddict
I don't know of any Infinity systems that were amped indifidually. Usually you'll only see that with Bose systems on some Nissans and Acuras. Inifinity is usually a single amplifier. Easy way to check is to take a digital volt meter, take off your door panel and meter the the wires going to the speaker. Set it to AC, you should see the voltage rise and fall with the volume of the music if the amp is working correctly. If there is no audio going to the speakers, it's your amp. I can do a little research to see if I have any tech sheets for the ram and how to bypass the infinity amp when i get to work tomorrow.
Ok so I was mislead, thanks for the correction. I would really appreciate the tech sheets. I am so sick of not having a radio lol.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:48 PM
audioaddict
Professional

I'll do a little checking tomorrow when I'm at work, see if I can find something on amp location and wire colors for ya. In the mean time, check out the12volt.com and see if you can dig up any additional information.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Big_B
Rookie

Any luck finding anything? I looked at your link and to be honest I already know had a list of what color wires are what. I need an actual diagram.

I spliced the wires together, and now there isnt even power to my head unit. My dome lights still dont work, my over head display still resets its self after every shut down, and I dont have cargo lights. Idk if the power for all the goes through the amp, but if not then there is a problem somewhere deeper in the harness. Is there another pigtail somewhere in the harness for all that stuff?

Old 03-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Big_B
Rookie

I should add the power mirrors dont work now. Just found that out yesterday. My only guess is the orange wire is the problem. The dimmer? because when my lights are on, it lights up around the volume *** and where the CD goes. Im completely at a loss here.

Last edited by Big_B; 03-03-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:02 PM
99Ram1500sport
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big_B
I should add the power mirrors dont work now. Just found that out yesterday. My only guess is the orange wire is the problem. The dimmer? because when my lights are on, it lights up around the volume *** and where the CD goes. Im completely at a loss here.
i have close to the same problem except my radio cut off while i listening to it. but my power mirrors dont work as well as my dome lights.

any input would be great, oh and i have a 99 1500 sport.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Big_B
Rookie

Originally Posted by 99Ram1500sport
i have close to the same problem except my radio cut off while i listening to it. but my power mirrors dont work as well as my dome lights.

any input would be great, oh and i have a 99 1500 sport.
Well it started with the audio just dieing.. So it sounds like the same issue. I have a feeling it's in the head unit its self. I just can not find a diagram of the wiring. Just lists of the what colored wire does what.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Coy
Rookie

I had the same thing happen, but with our minivan.
But I didn't read anywere that you checked the fuses. both under the hood and in the cab? That's the first thing I did.
2nd I checked to make sure the plug to the head unit was snug although I can't really see it coming loose, but you never know.
I'm about 80% sure I have no amp on my factory system, well cause it sucks LOL.

After I've done all that I replaced the head unit and it worked fine.

Now on to your situation.
I'd go back and check the wires you spliced back togeather again. cause you can have an orange wire with a yellow strip and a white sripe and sometimes they will look almost identical. It took me 2 weekends to install an after market remote start because of this.
all your power components should still work even when the radio dies or is unpluged (not allways but genreally speaking).

Was the head unit you put in new aftermarket or used OEM/aftermarket? if it's after market get the wire adapter. Walmart has them for under $7. This adapter will reroute any wires that aren't needed for the aftermarket head unit.

I have a little time right now and will try and find the wiring diagram for your truck and see if I can come up with something more helpful.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Coy
Rookie

Haven't been able to find an illustrated view of the wiring diagram. but found the color codes. - http://www.modifiedlife.com/2002-dod...-wiring-guide/ This link has more info for other vehicles if it helps anyone else.

may or maynot help. also check your service manual that's usally with the truck. mine has some basic wiring diagrams.
You can also download a Chilton or Haynes book for a fee.
Chilton
Haynes

it looks like there is no amp trigger wire so you may not have one.? but just cause it say N/A doesn't mean it's not there.

basically here is the wires and what they go to.?

2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Truck Car Audio Wiring Guide
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Red
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Red/White
Car Radio Ground Wire: Chassis
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Orange/White
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Yellow
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Red
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Violet
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Blue/Red
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Light Blue
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Blue/Orange

Also I just found this. May help but looks like you'll have to download some of them to see if it'll work for your situation.
The site is called. PDFoo
here's the 2002 Dode Ram downloads I brought up. http://www.pdfoo.com/google.php?cx=0...Dodge+Ram#1210

Some of the info titles are a little missleading. so make sure you look through everything or at least click on the links to see more links. LOL

OK so found some more stuff. I didn't download it, cause I don't need, so if some trys it let us know how it went.
2003 Dodge Ram Truck 1500-2500-3500 Service Manual.pdf

2004 dodge DR ram Diesel owners manual.pdf

Dodge Ram Service Manual and Wiring Diagram

Sorry nothing specifically for a 2002

Last edited by Coy; 03-20-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Quick Reply: No sound