Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Mopar/kicker question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 02:18 PM
SUNBURSTKID
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work for a chrylser dealership and have installed the kicker speakers in my jeep.they were such an imrovement that i just ordered the 6x9 for my frt doors of my new ram.
Worth the money jsut for the easy install!!

Old 01-25-2009, 04:03 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is anyone interested in the sub box?

Old 01-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Thatonekidw/theHEMI
Veteran

The kicker comps have gotten great reviews and they sound awesome in boxes with similar airpace. As far as an amp goes, yes i agree you get what you pay for, but i am not interested in paying alot. In a previous vehicle i had 2 jl audio w3v2 12's with a jl 1000/1 amp amd a 1 fairid cap. I have always set up and installed my own stuff, but i dont build my own boxes, so i am familiar with good sounding set ups.
I just want a little thump i am not concerned with being the loudest or cleanest in town anymore. With the stock headunit and a LOC im just looking for a basic set up. I contacted kicker and asked about the .10 airspace issue they assured me that it would not be an issue as these subs are specifically designed for tight spaces and low airspace. This model is fairly new as far as the comp line goes.
Again I am aware of the limitations of our trucks but this sub works great for what im looking for, as far as the box goes All the audio stores near me i contacted suggested i buy one online and save the cost. Everything should arrive next week sometime I will repost with some pictures and HD audio clips at that point
thanks for all the input
-Scott

Old 01-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Ddev2000

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
is anyone interested in the sub box?
I am interested, well, more curious, in the box. How much room is there for the sub? I've never seen a 'box' where the magnet was exposed like that. Well, I have, but it was an inverted mounted sub facing into a regular sized sealed box. This was more for looks, and I don't believe has an impact of sub performance.

With it being sealed, is it safe for the cone to have such a small area to work with? I feel like these are really silly questions, because you have obviously been using it (although you did blow one speaker) I was planning on using a JL Audio, but if the height is going to be an issue maybe not.

Just curious man. I like the idea, but am skeptical. What is the maximum height that I could use with this box?

Old 01-25-2009, 09:26 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Ddev2000
I am interested, well, more curious, in the box. How much room is there for the sub? I've never seen a 'box' where the magnet was exposed like that. Well, I have, but it was an inverted mounted sub facing into a regular sized sealed box. This was more for looks, and I don't believe has an impact of sub performance.

With it being sealed, is it safe for the cone to have such a small area to work with? I feel like these are really silly questions, because you have obviously been using it (although you did blow one speaker) I was planning on using a JL Audio, but if the height is going to be an issue maybe not.

Just curious man. I like the idea, but am skeptical. What is the maximum height that I could use with this box?
i think its pretty safe. the sub that blew was a 2yr old cheap mtx sub and i wasnt really playing music loud. the jl's mounting depth is 6.65'' which was to long for the box and the seat wouldn't close. the mtx's mounting depth was 5 9/16''. i believe it had maybe an inch or inch and half room at the bottom. what sub are you thinking about getting?

Old 01-25-2009, 10:10 PM
itsUhHemi
Professional

i paid $500 for a Clarion single-din DVD radio ('08 model), 2 10" kicker comps, custom box that takes up both storage spaces, 1100w pro acoustic amp (it's not that great), wire kit, and labor. my kickers hit pretty hard and that's with the amp that i have. i can't imagine how good they would sound with a punch 1000 amp or equivilant...Silver, how much did u pay for ur JL's?

Old 01-25-2009, 10:37 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by itsUhHemi
i paid $500 for a Clarion single-din DVD radio ('08 model), 2 10" kicker comps, custom box that takes up both storage spaces, 1100w pro acoustic amp (it's not that great), wire kit, and labor. my kickers hit pretty hard and that's with the amp that i have. i can't imagine how good they would sound with a punch 1000 amp or equivilant...Silver, how much did u pay for ur JL's?
i found it online for 160 with free shipping

Old 01-25-2009, 10:49 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SUNBURSTKID
I work for a chrylser dealership and have installed the kicker speakers in my jeep.they were such an imrovement that i just ordered the 6x9 for my frt doors of my new ram.
Worth the money jsut for the easy install!!
Are you getting the 2 way or the mid bass with 3.5" dash speakers? I am intersted in the sound of the 6x9 mid bass Kickers and 3.5" dash speakers. I already have Infinity Reference 3.5" in the dash now. My truck doesn't have the Infinity system, I just tapped into the front door wiring to wire in the dash speakers with the supplied bass blocker resistor.
The kit in question is these speakers: http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-...=3050&pc=32681

Old 01-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Ddev2000

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
what sub are you thinking about getting?
I'm looking at the JL W1's http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...p?series_id=16

Now I need an amp that will fit under my front passenger seat. Or maybe mount it next to the sub...

Do you have stock or an aftermarket head unit?

Old 01-25-2009, 11:35 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Ddev2000
I'm looking at the JL W1's http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...p?series_id=16

Now I need an amp that will fit under my front passenger seat. Or maybe mount it next to the sub...

Do you have stock or an aftermarket head unit?
yea that will fit thats what they tried to sell me at cartoys when i when to them to see if my old sub was blown

yea i like it under the seat bc you can easily change the gain bc i listen to different types of music that sometimes dont need a bass. i want to get a new amp though bc my sub is more powerful now. i have an eclipse cd3000 motorized head unit

Quick Reply: Mopar/kicker question?