Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Adding subs.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Cheat
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04redmach1
Ok, you did what I thought you did. Your speakers should not have a wire connected to the headunit. You should have a pair of RCA's that go from the headunit to the amp. From there you cut the wire from headunit to speakers. Run a new wire from amp to speakers.

I am surprised you have not killed anything or caught anything on fire honestly. Do you even have a power, ground, and remote wire hooked to the amp? Does the green light come on the amp? Did you hook the subs up in the power and ground side of your amp?
No offence, But you think im that stupid? Honestly? It has a high power imput on the amp. And if its there i see no reason to use it. The subs ****in work. Its just the fact that i got to have the speaker wires hooked up on a switch and turned off till the music starts. Then i flip them on and Blam the subs work. No problems.
So? How do you think I should do it differently? Its a factory head unit? There is not RCA wires. I could buy a converter. But its not worth it im going to replace the radio soon anyways. But I was just looking for a fix for now. And how in the hell could i catch something on fire? Honestly?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:07 PM
04redmach1

So you have no RCA's but your subs work???? FYI: With no RCA's you are obviously running the speakers off the headunit and your splice is doing nothing.

If you wire to low of an ohm load you can fry your amp which can cause a fire. I am surprised you have not cooked your headunit if you have it wired as showed in your drawing.

You need to go to a shop and show them what you have, I just can not understand how you have it wired but seems like a mess. And if you are feeding everything off the headunit, I am very surprised you have not had a dash fire.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:07 PM
04redmach1

Originally Posted by Cheat
No offence, But you think im that stupid? Honestly? It has a high power imput on the amp. And if its there i see no reason to use it. The subs ****in work. Its just the fact that i got to have the speaker wires hooked up on a switch and turned off till the music starts. Then i flip them on and Blam the subs work. No problems.
So? How do you think I should do it differently? Its a factory head unit? There is not RCA wires. I could buy a converter. But its not worth it im going to replace the radio soon anyways. But I was just looking for a fix for now. And how in the hell could i catch something on fire? Honestly?

What do you mean by "high power input"?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Cheat
Veteran

What do you mean by "high power input"?
Sorry its called "High level Input" As stated here in this installation guide. (which I didnt use) http://www.electronixwarehouse.com/e...installamp.htm
its number 3.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 PM
04redmach1

I suggest go to your local shop and let them help you

Old 12-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Cheat
Veteran

I suggest go to your local shop and let them help you
My local shop is way way way to overpriced. And what ever. It works now. It will be fine till after xmas then a after market and some rcas are going in there.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:03 PM
04redmach1

Where do you live? There is only so much I can do over the internet sadly, but I may know somoen near you that can help.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Cheat
Veteran

Where do you live? There is only so much I can do over the internet sadly, but I may know somoen near you that can help.

Lol, About a hour from bowling green, ky. In the middle of no where.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 PM
04redmach1

I knew someone in that area but 2 months ago he went to Greenland. Go here and ask if anyone is in your area.

http://www.carstereoforum.net/index.php

Quick Reply: Adding subs.